Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What amp do I need.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
...oh but I thought it was pointed out that it needs to be in a sealed box for the impedance rise? What enclosure does it need then?

So now you want him to well and truly overpower the subs in a vented enclosure in which case impedance rise will significantly decrease and output power from the amp will significantly increase....right?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
my experience tells me you will.

but nonetheless... still your suggestion is to well and truly overpower the subs in a vented enclosure in which case impedance rise will significantly decrease and output power from the amp will significantly increase....right? But because everyone wants it louder, and will turn it up to the point where the amp IS clipping." it will stop being a clean signal and destroy the subs.... at least this time he will smell the voice coils burning a slow and painful death.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
no, why do you think ported boxes have less impedance rise?

why do you think these subs will instantly die in a ported box if they start to smell?

here's one I prepared earlier..

28082010361.jpg

and here's another...

pioneer2c.jpg

Although, right now, I'm more amused that you think you've measure more than 2000watts from the OA 1500watt amp :rofl2:

What impedance was that into after impedance rise?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
no, why do you think ported boxes have less impedance rise?

why do you think these subs will instantly die in a ported box if they start to smell?

here's one I prepared earlier..

28082010361.jpg

and here's another...

pioneer2c.jpg

Although, right now, I'm more amused that you think you've measure more than 2000watts from the OA 1500watt amp :rofl2:

What impedance was that into after impedance rise?

think? your really not clueing into this too well are you?
Your talking about something I make a living from. Not build a couple of boxes in my back yard and call it quits, I'm mates with the guys who judge your cars, I've been playing this game since CD Stackers were awesome and Cassette players were the norm. If you want to pull out install photos, awesome. More than happy to do so, but at the end, what are you proving?

[email protected] ohm load. Imp rise unknown and untested because at the end of the day.. to the average user, it just doesn't matter.

I'm amused at why your so sure you can't get that amount out of an OAX1502, I've seen massive power out of those many times, after all. I am an Option Audio dealer.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
and oh my god, I just realized we are at 11 pages in this thread, probably 7 of which, is you and I arguing about who knows best. At which point.... it's you man, it's all you because I just argued with you. I can't believe I did that! Your on your own here Shorty.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
More than one way to skin a cat. Ciao shorty