Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are VYs' wheel alignment settings? (toe, camber, caster, axis)

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
The vehicle on the screen doesn't mean much when doing the alignment. It's the actual wheel readings that matter. The technician probably knows what the VY's settings are and did them from memory. Some machines need a vehicle to be input to show the readings.

ummm no he didnt. He was aligning my car to Chevy Tahoe's settings...down to a T.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Anyway, car feels weird now. Especially at turns/curves at high speed. Its not very stable when turning at a curve. Steering feels too light and i have to twitch the steering wheel to keep the car at a steady turn. It feels like the slightes wrong turn of the steering wheel will throw the car off balance. Basically, very poor handling.

Same goes for straight lines. If im doing lets say 100km/h, and im keeping the steering wheel steady, the car will keep on changing lanes, like it would go to the middle lane, then to the right lane and then back to the middle and then right and so on...all this and the steering wheel is not turning at all.
And yes tiers are all the same size, thread and make...and new. Shocks and springs are also good.

Thats why i need to know the proper alignment numbers of the VY commodore so i could do it right.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
This might help you out.
These are Australian specs.
I don't know too much about wheel alignment. Someone else on the forum may know if they differ for the left hand drive Commodore.

Image (6).jpgImage (4).jpgImage (3).jpg

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
They will drive well and wear tyres well between 0-1 degree front camber, 1.5-3mm total front toe in.
If your rear cambers are below -1.5 degree your doing well. With roughly same toe settings as the front. They will always wear inner edges on the rear, regular rotations are a must

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Image (2).jpg

Here's a printout of a recent wheel alignment (VY utility) that may help too.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Ok...according to the settings that SaVYute posted, which im assuming are from the service manual, the total toe in is 0deg. 10min +/- 0deg. 10min

i just cant figure out what "min" or "minute" is.
I didnt see min on the computer screen of the alignment machine when they did my wheels. It just read 1 degrees. 3.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Plus, do the numbers above change according to wheel size? Mine are 16"