Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are you drinking right now?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Just opened another of the choc orange porter , first bottle must have had an old lid that didn't fully retain gas / seal .
Swish it around in your mouth you can taste the choc more , very easy to taste the orange . Hopefully it will improve over the next few weeks.
For me my stout is still my best so far .
Here's a photo of that pirate life stout
20180622_211020.jpg

Yande

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Was told that it would be best for my health if I did not drink alcohol anymore.. I used to love a drop, just a bit! Anyways, we visit China annually and have taken a liking to Chinese tea, good Chinese tea, hence have pretty well substituted one for the other. The box of tea pictured was a gift, and goes for around $AUD500 a kg. Definitely not worth that much, but with the packaging, the "face" that goes with such a gift, nothing can cost enough.. They're funny like that. Anyways, a mate of my wife's gave us this box, and the tea is supurb. No milk or sugar, and like any Chinese tea, the pot can be filled as many times as you want, even the next day! It does not stew. Add a couple of Anzacs, fresh out of the oven... yeah, a lot of things have changed since I gave up drinking. As well as drinking tea, I now bake... Could be worse..

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
yeah ok not so decent or ordinary and a dud, got one of those six string mint condition :- choc mint milk stouts , had it last night, absolutely bloody sensational .
Just had one of my stouts, not sure if I'm biased but it's still dam nice.
Now my first real home brew duds , just cracked one of my choc orange porters , it hissed a bit and frothed up when shaking the bottle but there was just no carbonation in the beer ( not great , poured it down the sink) .
Thought that would happen, like I said same happened to me
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...drinking-right-now.253946/page-9#post-2962750
So cracked a pirate life stout and yes it's a stout ,it's interesting but I'm not a fan. I'll take mine over it anyday of the week . Thankfully I have alot more of mine too.
Yeah I think the brand enjoyed success on the back of the independent brew movement. The paradox is these fake pirates lost their anti-establishment rule-breaking craftiness, sold their sorry arses after eighteen months of b-grade cosplay and swindle.
Hardly anything piratey about working for the largest brewing empire the world, scurvy dogs!

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought that would happen, like I said same happened to me
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...drinking-right-now.253946/page-9#post-2962750
Yeah, beer its self wasn't too bad just flat , second one was better.
It does seem to have lost some of its flavor from when I first bottled / kegged it.
Hard to tell even the second bottle would have liked a bit more carbonation.
The orange flavor seems to have taken over more . See how the keg goes and with a few more weeks maturing . Had figured on 4 weeks to mature but I'll wait until I finish one one of the kegs in the fridge before I carbohydrate it.
If it doesn't change too much next time need more chocolate as that's what I wanted with the orange a bit more subtle .
It's all a good, this is what you get when you experiment and hopefully the good ones outnumber the not so good and the real duds are few and far between.
Anyway got recommended dations skittles , on Thursday , went in Thursday arvo , ( yeah that was the other week sold out in a day or two, one off never to be repeated).
DAM!!!
So I got a mixed 6 pack, plus because I'd already picked it up a seventh.
One was that six string mint condition,
This was another, they'd only just got it in wasn't even cold or the price label on it yet , they recon it would go quickly too , so I took the plunge and got one:- very chocolatey , quite sensational, puts alot of stouts to shame (but then it should for the price)
20180623_184141.jpg
20180623_184114.jpg

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another really nice stout , local Port Stephens brewery , it really is dark, roasty with a hint of whiskey
20180623_204916.jpg

20180623_205015.jpg

Have to say but personally because I'm still thinking of/ remembering the sweet very chocolatey, Empress, it is my favorite of the two.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Coopers Draught with Brew Enhancer #2

20180623_151706.jpg

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
We are planning a cook out for our 4th of July, the day we say F-You to the crown. To satisfy the bitches, got 2 bottles of this. Is not the best, but after drinking some home brew, eating stakes and othet Yumm-Yumms, who gives a damn.

Yes, that is the garage fridge, where I keep my stash, Stolichnaya is in the freezer.

20180701_145202.jpg

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
There are some flavors that should be kept away from beer, Coffee is one of them.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Been going the no sugar option on the mixed drinks. 400kj instead of about 1000kj per drink.

So far sampled (mike Literous homeowner rating out of 10 compared to normal non sugar options)
bundy (8.7)
Wild turkey 101 (9.1)
Jack Daniel (7.8).

Have not tried the Jim beam as yet. Any other sugar free options ?