Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yep, I've said it a couple of times on here - they are deadset grubs if that price is fair dinkum. If people weren't prepared to pay it 12mths ago when the bloody things were being snapped up like hotcakes, they sure as hell won't pay it now. I can only imagine that they are starting to suffer deterioration after all this time out in the yards too. Not to mention endless cold starts without being driven. No thanks..

I hope they do their arses and get taken to the cleaners when they finally do sell them. It's a bullshiit price. They are worth no more than low to mid fifties at best.
Yep - as I've said earlier these are now a risky purchase due to the way they have been treated. Mind you my local dealer has a Stinger ready to go at $65990 plus on roads. Which looks a little high for an unknown pedigree.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Yep, I've said it a couple of times on here - they are deadset grubs if that price is fair dinkum. If people weren't prepared to pay it 12mths ago when the bloody things were being snapped up like hotcakes, they sure as hell won't pay it now. I can only imagine that they are starting to suffer deterioration after all this time out in the yards too. Not to mention endless cold starts without being driven. No thanks..

I hope they do their arses and get taken to the cleaners when they finally do sell them. It's a bullshiit price. They are worth no more than low to mid fifties at best.
They might be grubs I agree with you on that.. but they're only bumping up the value of your vf by asking higher prices. After all, these are the last Aussie built V8s so I say keep those prices nice and high!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Monty, take your V8 with it’s bumped up price to these dealers and see what they will offer you... then you can reaffirm how extra grubby they are :p

Last edited:

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
There's enough listed for between 59 & 63k drive away to suggest this dealer is just trying their luck. Or located near the mines where prices of everything are inflated.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
There's enough listed for between 59 & 63k drive away to suggest this dealer is just trying their luck. Or located near the mines where prices of everything are inflated.

Nah just a normal suburban stealer, I just had my ssvr serviced there last month lol

Another stealer nearby was selling a brand new spitfire green MSE for $10k less lol

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Nah just a normal suburban stealer, I just had my ssvr serviced there last month lol

Another stealer nearby was selling a brand new spitfire green MSE for $10k less lol
Hi Mayuri - mind telling us which dealer has that MSE at that price?

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Hi Mayuri - mind telling us which dealer has that MSE at that price?

This one: https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Commodore-2017/OAG-AD-14874303/?Cr=1

I saw this car when I bought my VF SSVR, this stealership was near my work. In hindsight if I had an extra $20k on my budget when I was shopping I would have bought this instead of my SSVR...

The colour was a "bit in your face" too much when I first saw it, but it has grown on me each time I saw it parked outside in the yard when I drive by to work...

EDIT: Opps just noticed it is not really 'brand new' per say... but looks like a unsold stock sitting in the yard.

Also noticed there's some private guy wanting over $80k for his MSE...

Last edited:

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
This one: https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Commodore-2017/OAG-AD-14874303/?Cr=1

I saw this car when I bought my VF SSVR, this stealership was near my work. In hindsight if I had an extra $20k on my budget when I was shopping I would have bought this instead of my SSVR...

The colour was a "bit in your face" too much when I first saw it, but it has grown on me each time I saw it parked outside in the yard when I drive by to work...

EDIT: Opps just noticed it is not really 'brand new' per say... but looks like a unsold stock sitting in the yard.

Also noticed there's some private guy wanting over $80k for his MSE...

I noticed this on Carsales too but for some reason it doesn’t show up as stock on their actual Holden website! :eek: