Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
This one: https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Commodore-2017/OAG-AD-14874303/?Cr=1

I saw this car when I bought my VF SSVR, this stealership was near my work. In hindsight if I had an extra $20k on my budget when I was shopping I would have bought this instead of my SSVR...

The colour was a "bit in your face" too much when I first saw it, but it has grown on me each time I saw it parked outside in the yard when I drive by to work...

EDIT: Opps just noticed it is not really 'brand new' per say... but looks like a unsold stock sitting in the yard.

Also noticed there's some private guy wanting over $80k for his MSE...
BN 0518, that's next number after mine. Hmmm a matching his and hers pair! Lol

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just note that the green MSE is listed as just a little under $61k excluding on road costs, so it’s not quite $10k less than the orange SSV as mentioned earlier.

It is still cheaper than what you’d have payed last year, likely $70k+ drive away but remember that the car is also a year older now... in my mind it should sell for less but guess that is up to he who wants one to negotiate.

As to why the MSE is not showing up at the dealers website, seems they are still playing the same game as many dealers were last year so likely they wont want to negotiate much... them being grubs and all :eek:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Just note that the green MSE is listed as just a little under $61k excluding on road costs, so it’s not quite $10k less than the orange SSV as mentioned earlier.

I reckon if you walked in there with $61k ready to go, you'd get it drive away at that price. As you say, its a year old now and clearly it's been tough to sell. It's a buyers market for the remaining VFII's..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I recon if you walked in with $58k in fresh printed $100’s they’d sell quick smart* (though most businesses seem to not like dealing with cash these days).

Heck, the game is and always has been how low can one go before you’re outside what they are willing to negotiate around.

But advertised price comparisons should be apples to apples ;)

*if they had brains - sometimes I have my doubts...

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I recon if you walked in with $58k in fresh printed $100’s they’d sell quick smart (though most businesses seem to not like dealing with cash these days).

Heck, the game is and always has been how low can one go before you’re outside what they are willing to negotiate around.

But advertised price comparisons should be apples to apples ;)
The link seems to show that it is unavailable? Now sold?

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Same dealer still has two Directors for good prices though! $64990 plus on roads which should be tempting