Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
Far out that's a low act. I'm tipping that the dealer gets a discount on the car from Holden because it's now a demonstrator so they will get a kick back, read profit, when they sell it to you as a second hand car.
Don't accept the delivery mate, get your deposit back. That's just ####ed. These sort of clowns give everyone a bad name.

Yeah I wouldn't think it would be legal to register a car under their name after I had signed the contract and paid a 10% deposit on it. I'd love to get my money back and go elsewhere although i was happy with the price I paid and the 2.75% finance offer which will be unavailable again. But I definitely won't be taking delivery of it next week.

Surely they should have to order a new car for me. Does anyone know if the customer services number for Holden HQ is accessible anywhere?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
^^ Tell them to get you a new one, like you ordered.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
So I mentioned on this thread a couple of weeks ago about buying a brand new SSV Redline ute with the 20" forged wheel option on the 2.75% finance offer. As the car was already delivered, the dealer made arrangements with Holden for a wheel exchange seeing as the car was brand new. So I signed for the car and paid the deposit on the 27th July and have since been waiting for the wheels and have a delivery date of next Monday and picking the car up on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have since found out that the car was registered the day after I signed for it on the 28th July. After questioning them last week on this the excuse I got was that the car had to be registered before the end of July to qualify for the finance offer. However after a bit of research I found that the car only had to be signed for before the end of July and delivered or registered before 31st August. After proving the first excuse wrong they now come back with the excuse that they registered it because the stamp duty, was cheaper last month than this month. I don't understand how the stamp duty would change between July and August and if it did it would be very minimal.

Now what I found out today after requesting the registration papers is that they have registered the car in the dealers name and not under mine. Does this now class this vehicle as a demo or used car after they transfer the rego in my name? I assume that as I won't be the first registered owner that this car cannot be classed as brand new when buying insurance and as such I won't qualify for any of the new replacement vehicle offers if written off.

I think BS on 1st August stamp duty rise, looking on WA DOT website it seems to indicate rates from 1 July, which suggests to me there was no rate change on 1st August.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The stamp duty issue is true. WA is the only state that bases stamp duty paid on a new or demo car at the full RRP, regardless,of discount. However, Holden produces a 'revised RRP' which takes into account any promotions that might be running at the time, which lowers the price which stamp duty is paid on, I.e. If RRP is $54,990 but there is a campaign price advertised at $49,990 drive away for instance, the revised RRP becomes about $46,000. The issue them comes when it goes from one month to the next, because if you don't take delivery on the month you signed up and the bonuses drop or the price goes up, then the stamp duty is calculated at a higher price, costing the dealer more money.

The demo thing doesn't really mean anything. It sounds like you got a great deal and in order to do that the dealer had to claim a demo bonus from Holden. I'm surprised they didn't just reprint the rego papers with your name on them and then you would have been none the wiser. They just have to licence it in their name initially to keep Holden happy and then they would have instantly transferred it over to your name before you picked it up.

It's a communication issue really. They should have told you that in order to get that price they needed to register it before the end of the month in their name first and then transfer it over in order to get the extra money from Holden.

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
The stamp duty issue is true. WA is the only state that bases stamp duty paid on a new or demo car at the full RRP, regardless,of discount. However, Holden produces a 'revised RRP' which takes into account any promotions that might be running at the time, which lowers the price which stamp duty is paid on, I.e. If RRP is $54,990 but there is a campaign price advertised at $49,990 drive away for instance, the revised RRP becomes about $46,000. The issue them comes when it goes from one month to the next, because if you don't take delivery on the month you signed up and the bonuses drop or the price goes up, then the stamp duty is calculated at a higher price, costing the dealer more money.

The demo thing doesn't really mean anything. It sounds like you got a great deal and in order to do that the dealer had to claim a demo bonus from Holden. I'm surprised they didn't just reprint the rego papers with your name on them and then you would have been none the wiser. They just have to licence it in their name initially to keep Holden happy and then they would have instantly transferred it over to your name before you picked it up.

It's a communication issue really. They should have told you that in order to get that price they needed to register it before the end of the month in their name first and then transfer it over in order to get the extra money from Holden.

The issue I have is that I paid the deposit and signed for the car when it was in stock and unregistered. I believe when I pick the car up that I should be receiving it as the first registered owner and with 12 months rego. This is not the case as the rego will already be 3 - 4 weeks into the 12 months. I have phoned the insurance company and as I am not the first registered owner, the car cannot be classed as brand new and only as a demo or used vehicle.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
Now what I found out today after requesting the registration papers is that they have registered the car in the dealers name and not under mine. Does this now class this vehicle as a demo or used car after they transfer the rego in my name? I assume that as I won't be the first registered owner that this car cannot be classed as brand new when buying insurance and as such I won't qualify for any of the new replacement vehicle offers if written off.

They have done this as they get extra factory discount on registering a car as a demo. I know this because my dealer mentioned this to me when I bought my R8, but I was ok with this as I got a great price on the car and knew that it was still a brand new car.
In your case though the dealer lied to you and still not coming clear. I would say either ask them to give you a brand new car, or ask for extras (free servicing, mats etc if you haven't got them) to compensate.

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
They have done this as they get extra factory discount on registering a car as a demo. I know this because my dealer mentioned this to me when I bought my R8, but I was ok with this as I got a great price on the car and knew that it was still a brand new car.
In your case though the dealer lied to you and still not coming clear. I would say either ask them to give you a brand new car, or ask for extras (free servicing, mats etc if you haven't got them) to compensate.

Difference here is your dealer did the right thing and let you know beforehand. If someone quotes a price as new for you then sells you a demo, that is being shady as ####. I wouldn't accept delivery and get your deposit back. Then they will have a demo model to sell. Honestly I'd find another dealer to buy off as these guys just wrecked any goodwill they had with you.

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
Pretty happy with this- I think it's ok-
Manual Redline
20 inch wheels
Spoiler
Sill plates
Mats
Tank fuel
Red Hot (no cost obviously)
$51,500
Plus on roads as need to register in another state which will be approx $3k.
The wait begins...

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
Well after a few phone calls with the dealer, and as others have previously posted, they had to claim the discount from Holden for selling it as a demo to sell it at a low price. However what I still don't understand is how the sale is still going through as a new car and not a demo, as it will still be on a new car contract and my name will be in all service manuals as the first owner. They have promised me that it won't be sold as a demo.

I explained to them that trying to lie about it to me and making up bullshit stories when questioned about it was not the right way to go about it. If they were honest with me from the start I would of likely still made the deal for the decent price I paid and this could of all been avoided. It just puts a sour taste on what should of been an exciting few week wait for the car.

So anyway I'm still happy with the car and they will be reimbursing me for the lost registration, which is only around $50 but it's the principle more than the cost than counts here, and a full tank of fuel.

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
Pretty happy with this- I think it's ok-
Manual Redline
20 inch wheels
Spoiler
Sill plates
Mats
Tank fuel
Red Hot (no cost obviously)
$51,500
Plus on roads as need to register in another state which will be approx $3k.
The wait begins...

Not bad at all mate, congrats. Red Hot is an awesome colour in person.