Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

JonDom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Shopping right now
Do the non-staggered HF20i's fit over Redline rear brakes?
As others have said, for the staggered wheels they only come in black.

I reckon staggered are worth getting, for the increased grip but also the appearance.
The amount you'd save by getting factory-fitted staggered black ones compared to dealer-fitted grey ones could buy you an aftermarket refinishing in grey; and you still get the staggered fitment.

IMHO it should be possible to,get what you're after for $60k, but I'd start looking now before the price increases; if Holden are only building to order next year there's a chance ~$5k discounts will be harder to come by (a Redline wagon is currently about $63k on the road with no discounts & no options isn't it?).

I thought the 'Staggered' just referred to the tyre width on the back being wider, if that's the case it should be able to fit regardless of staggered or not. I didn't want to engage dealers for pricing until I had cash to make a deal, as I keep hearing that they won't do anything for you unless you are ready to buy. I should have a nice big deposit going into my back week after next, in which case it's green light! I don't have any real problems going for a MY16 model into the new year, although if they come out with an extra 40kw in the final build I'll be kicking myself lol

Maybe I should start emailing dealers for prices?, I guess I could use the next 2 weeks to get my pricing done, what do you guys think?, I suppose they don't need to know I don't have the cash this very moment.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes, 'staggered' only means the rear is wider than the front.
However, the Redline has different brakes; hence me asking whether the 'skinny' rear HF20i's will fit a Redline (eg. the possibility of a different offset to handle the different brakes). The fact you've gone up an inch probably means it's fine to fit the standard wheels, especially as the spare is just a front wheel, but worth checking.
Oh - also worth checking whether you want an HF20i spare & will get an HF20i spare, whichever way you buy.

I think 'ready to buy' means 'ready to put down the deposit' when you're going to have to wait 4-6 weeks+ for something to be built. Of course the biggest discounts are on stock already held, you'd need to be able to buy it then-and-there if doing that (have you checked the stock lists for the dealers within however far you're willing to drive? Holden website links to all dealer sites).

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I suspect that the 8.5" (front) will fit on the rear in place of the 9". Otherwise, it's a 50:50 as to whether or not the spare wheel is going to be any use if one has a flat!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
The front wheels just look so skinny on the back ... :)

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
So if I wanted the Midnight Grey, I could get them but they wouldn't have the wider rubber on the rear is that right?

Yes, but factory 20" wheels are $1500 extra, double that for the dealer fit in a different colour (I machined look, but folded and got the black).

the biggest discounts are on stock already held, you'd need to be able to buy it then-and-there if doing that (have you checked the stock lists for the dealers within however far you're willing to drive? Holden website links to all dealer sites).

This.

Check each dealer site stock for the car/colour you are looking for.

Walk in and take a demo for a drive. They will ask the question, what will get your business today?

You say "I will be waiting for a MY17 unless I got a MY16 for the same price as my mate"
Dealer "What price did he get?"
You "$59k."
Dealer "If I could get that price for you would you buy today?"
You"Only if you could get that price, not a dollar more"

You will be signing your paperwork 10 minutes later.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey JonDom, you showed in a picture over in the other thread that you wanted a wagon ... but didn't mention it in your list above?

FYI, the dealer in Gladstone has a Slipstream Blue sedan.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I thought the 'Staggered' just referred to the tyre width on the back being wider, if that's the case it should be able to fit regardless of staggered or not.

Yes, 'staggered' only means the rear is wider than the front.

For the benefit of JonDom, wider at the rear means a wider rim, not just wider tyre.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Hey JonDom, you showed in a picture over in the other thread that you wanted a wagon ... but didn't mention it in your list above?

FYI, the dealer in Gladstone has a Slipstream Blue sedan.

Are you confusing jondon with me?

JonDom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Shopping right now
Yes, but factory 20" wheels are $1500 extra, double that for the dealer fit in a different colour (I machined look, but folded and got the black).

This.

Check each dealer site stock for the car/colour you are looking for.

Walk in and take a demo for a drive. They will ask the question, what will get your business today?

You say "I will be waiting for a MY17 unless I got a MY16 for the same price as my mate"
Dealer "What price did he get?"
You "$59k."
Dealer "If I could get that price for you would you buy today?"
You"Only if you could get that price, not a dollar more"

You will be signing your paperwork 10 minutes later.

I like your way of thinking, I just checked and Townsville have a Slipstream Redline in stock, could be a sign... I am beginning to think I might forget the HF20's and just sort my own wheels out later on, at least I can sell the Redline wheels to recoup some of my loss then. If the full black-out pack can be fitted at dealer, I could just go with the floor stock and drive away 24 hours later, not to mention I should be able to get a better drive-away price sans 20" wheels. If only I had the deposit to put on it for holding over the next 10 days or so, my bank account is about to go up several orders of magnitude, hopefully I don't lose the car to another buyer in the meantime...

For the benefit of JonDom, wider at the rear means a wider rim, not just wider tyre.

Ahhh, I did not know that, that makes it interesting indeed, makes me wonder how essential it is for those of us who aren't planning on losing any points or doing track days etc...

Forg, I think you have mixed me up mate, I've only ever been after the Auto Sedan :)