Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Gee that's pretty crook that the leasing co couldn't do better than $70k!? Is that even without the GST do you mean??
When I spoke to the salary sacrificing mob I am with (QLD Govt) some time back before I was actually thinking of a car, they said they had to provide me with about 6 different recommended firms which he duly emailed their websites in a table to me. Apparently they can't push their own without providing this info. The advice is to then get quotes from at least two of these, so at least they are forced to play fair in that regard. But I'm thinking gee, if I can't get something a few $k cheaper without me having to a lot of hunting around then something is wrong. I'm convinced with the way things are I would have buckleys getting any sort of discount myself on a V8 wagon.
Yeah they supplied a few quotes but were all from their preferred dealer network... so prices ranged from about 63 to 71 Drive away... if then leasing, yes... GST would have then been taken off... but 71k for a Redline drive away was a joke... so I politely told her that her dealers would not be considered... it caused a few issues as they had to then register my dealer as a supplier so there were a few hoops to jump through.

As far as playing fair I honestly believe there are a limited number of dealers out there that have any morals...

I'm very happy with the price of mine though and the bloke I have been dealing with has been awesome. I can't wait now... seems like so far away...

My house should be ready to move into end of April so there will be a lot of stuff going on, hopefully distract me for a few weeks lol.

Tick tock, tick...

H

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Yeah they supplied a few quotes but were all from their preferred dealer network... so prices ranged from about 63 to 71 Drive away... if then leasing, yes... GST would have then been taken off... but 71k for a Redline drive away was a joke... so I politely told her that her dealers would not be considered... it caused a few issues as they had to then register my dealer as a supplier so there were a few hoops to jump through.

As far as playing fair I honestly believe there are a limited number of dealers out there that have any morals...

I'm very happy with the price of mine though and the bloke I have been dealing with has been awesome. I can't wait now... seems like so far away...

My house should be ready to move into end of April so there will be a lot of stuff going on, hopefully distract me for a few weeks lol.

Tick tock, tick...

H
Thanks mate, good to hear you're happy with the current negotiations - you did the right thing to stand your ground - after all, surely the leasing co is meant to be working for you first rather than their "preferred" suppliers. Doesn't surprise me though. As I have ever only owned 'S' packs, an Acclaim and then a couple of SV6s (all sedans) I didn't bother with leases because I always waited for Holden sale periods and got brand new at bargain prices, further reduced by $3k rebates from my Westpac card. I figured if I went with a lease they would start with full list price and never get close to what I could get by myself.
I realise an SS wagon at the close of this era is totally different though - I expect they will start at full price, then reduce by knocking off the GST without too much else in my favour but on the other hand I'll certainly let them know I'm not happy if they come back with ridiculously high figures. As I have a number of lease companies I can work with I'm trusting one of them will come up with something suitable.
Good luck with the house too!

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Thanks mate, good to hear you're happy with the current negotiations - you did the right thing to stand your ground - after all, surely the leasing co is meant to be working for you first rather than their "preferred" suppliers. Doesn't surprise me though. As I have ever only owned 'S' packs, an Acclaim and then a couple of SV6s (all sedans) I didn't bother with leases because I always waited for Holden sale periods and got brand new at bargain prices, further reduced by $3k rebates from my Westpac card. I figured if I went with a lease they would start with full list price and never get close to what I could get by myself.
I realise an SS wagon at the close of this era is totally different though - I expect they will start at full price, then reduce by knocking off the GST without too much else in my favour but on the other hand I'll certainly let them know I'm not happy if they come back with ridiculously high figures. As I have a number of lease companies I can work with I'm trusting one of them will come up with something suitable.
Good luck with the house too!
Yeah was a bit of a **** fight... I couldn't even get them to approach Canberra dealers to begin with as they weren't in their network... only have the one leasing company option...

Anyway it has worked out well... had a few bumps getting it over the line but the dealer has been awesome every step of the way...

I can't wait.

Hopefully you will now soon how you are travelling? Going for a wagon are you? What colour and accessories?

H

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah was a bit of a **** fight... I couldn't even get them to approach Canberra dealers to begin with as they weren't in their network... only have the one leasing company option...

Anyway it has worked out well... had a few bumps getting it over the line but the dealer has been awesome every step of the way...

I can't wait.

Hopefully you will now soon how you are travelling? Going for a wagon are you? What colour and accessories?

H
Yeah SS wagon - was going to be SSV until they were discontinued but the SS has the previous SSV rims and of course HUD & sat nav etc is all standard now.
Colour - I've had a few phantom cars incl current SV6 and the Mrs current VF2 SV6 Black Edition ute is also so will look at something different. Have also had Heron & Nitrate previously & partial to the look of Nitrate on a wagon. LMF or SOAG not out of the question by any means as they are new for MY17 of course so as you can see I really don't know and change my mind towards any of these as soon as I see one or the other, haha.
Accessories - paddle shift (mainly because of the flat bottom wheel - we have this on the ute & we reckon it's great), alloy pedals (also on ute), sports mats, sports armour, SS sills, boot liner & probably one of the nets. Also thinking shades for rear doors & rear window as I want the darker look for privacy/security as much as anything & I don't believe lease companies will alow anything deemed illegal & Qld laws are archaic with regard to tint (& most other things now that I think about it haha). Also tempted for the extra 3yr wtty. With all this added up I realise I'm probably getting close to Redline territory on price...hhmmm. Also looking at Modesta treatment (had the ute opticoated & it's great, even the snow foam has trouble sticking to it) but thinking Modesta for the sake of comparison.
Overall I mainly want the wagon & V8 because this combo is dead in a few months. Wifey ribs me because "you never wanted a wagon when the kids were little & it would have been handy on holidays" - not sure I would have got it this time (love the look of the sedans) except for the fact they will be extinct in this size car & affordability (don't care how close a Mazda6 wagon or Skoda wagon is in size; just not the same).

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Yeah SS wagon - was going to be SSV until they were discontinued but the SS has the previous SSV rims and of course HUD & sat nav etc is all standard now.
Colour - I've had a few phantom cars incl current SV6 and the Mrs current VF2 SV6 Black Edition ute is also so will look at something different. Have also had Heron & Nitrate previously & partial to the look of Nitrate on a wagon. LMF or SOAG not out of the question by any means as they are new for MY17 of course so as you can see I really don't know and change my mind towards any of these as soon as I see one or the other, haha.
Accessories - paddle shift (mainly because of the flat bottom wheel - we have this on the ute & we reckon it's great), alloy pedals (also on ute), sports mats, sports armour, SS sills, boot liner & probably one of the nets. Also thinking shades for rear doors & rear window as I want the darker look for privacy/security as much as anything & I don't believe lease companies will alow anything deemed illegal & Qld laws are archaic with regard to tint (& most other things now that I think about it haha). Also tempted for the extra 3yr wtty. With all this added up I realise I'm probably getting close to Redline territory on price...hhmmm. Also looking at Modesta treatment (had the ute opticoated & it's great, even the snow foam has trouble sticking to it) but thinking Modesta for the sake of comparison.
Overall I mainly want the wagon & V8 because this combo is dead in a few months. Wifey ribs me because "you never wanted a wagon when the kids were little & it would have been handy on holidays" - not sure I would have got it this time (love the look of the sedans) except for the fact they will be extinct in this size car & affordability (don't care how close a Mazda6 wagon or Skoda wagon is in size; just not the same).
Hahaha too many decisions...
I've never been on for wagons personally but these last ones look the business lol

I have had a few pangs of "oh ****, did I pick the right colour?" But all is well
Had a VY SS that was red so Wifey ha said we have done that colour... have a red CX-5 as well.. we both like slipstream but she said the SOAG is sporty \ sexy. So went with that... some of the photos that are up look great and I'm sure don't do the colour actual justice in the flesh...

Yeah getting up near the Redline price with your shopping list. But, at the end of the day it's your money... if you can afford what you want specifically then power to you...

As mentioned in the middle of a house build, work merger and all sorts... in a perfect world I could have held off for a year and got a late 2017 plated one early next year... but can't with there not going to be another one :(

So bugger it. I've got the dough and I don't want to regret not getting one in 2 years time because that ship had sailed.

I can't imagine comparing a Mazda 6 wagon to a commodore wagon. Actually I don't even want to think about the NG Holden 'commodore' competing with Europe.... I think we are in for a sad few years automotive wise in Australia...

Now that the local options are gone I wonder how high prices will be hiked on all the rice burning **** boxes that are imported... not to mention the luxury European rides

:(

H

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Deal done & deposit paid today!

LMF SS wagon yet to be built (anticipated July delivery) - initially $57 900 DA which I thought was pretty good considering prices have been pulled from Holden website and this has been the QLD price from memory.
Additions: flappy paddle steering wheel, alloy pedals, SS sill plates, sports armour, moulded boot liner, Holden's 6yr/100k wtty, sports mats (freebie).

All up $61 500 DA - no haggling (bought two utes previously from same salesman).

The Dealer had an SS wagon on order with colour needing to be allocated by this Friday. I was torn between LMF & SOAG like so many on here & because of them being MY17 colours. Felt the LMF would be the best contrast when parked alongside the phantom SV6 ute in the garage.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Congrats Holden17.

Awesome. The wagon in LMF looks great.

Bet you must be excited :)

Counting down to my delivery date... resorting to counting Redlines driving over bridges to get to sleep lol

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Congrats Holden17.

Awesome. The wagon in LMF looks great.

Bet you must be excited :)

Counting down to my delivery date... resorting to counting Redlines driving over bridges to get to sleep lol
Thanks Hobbitus....counting, counting, counting,....by the time you get through Easter & into the new house, you'll be driving, washing, admiring before you know it!

I'm just relieved to have the V8 on order before it's too late. Sort of hit home to me when the only SS wagon they had on the website was just sold when I visited them last Friday (& they have no Redline wagons in stock either) and then am told they have just the one SS wagon ordered and had to lock a colour in by end of this week.

Salesman rang me back an hour after I paid the deposit over the phone to say he had just identified a LMF SS wagon that he could probably get his hands on if I couldn't wait - said it was a February build and wasn't showing on Holden's system the day before - appears to be one allocated where the buyer bailed.
I was already psyched to save a bit more & wait til July/Aug so I said I think I'll still wait. He agreed he would do the same for the sake of getting a build closer to the end of production - said it may not be the very last SS wagon but won't be far from it with most efforts being diverted to the Motorsport editions by then - good of him to give me the option though.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
What difference does it make being closer to the end of production?
There will be so many bought and stored they aren't going to be great investments.
I've heard of people even picking up their brand new cars on tow trucks to minimise the km on the odometer.

Last edited: