Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Looked at the SS under it's cover and checked the trickle charger, I really need to pull the covers of it and run a tank of fuel through it, it hasn't moved for a month and I'm itching.

The thing is I don't take it out if there's even a slight chance of rain, planning for a good long cruise has been problematic IRT the weather.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Saw the toy the other day. Kinda keen to get it out for a spin.

Looking at buying a Crank Angle Sensor for the VS. Everything is lining up with that being the problem.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Saw the toy the other day. Kinda keen to get it out for a spin.

Looking at buying a Crank Angle Sensor for the VS. Everything is lining up with that being the problem.
What makes you say it' s the CAS? Did you try water over the balancer? Frustrating thing with the V6 is the codes are shared with that annoying DFI.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
What makes you say it' s the CAS? Did you try water over the balancer? Frustrating thing with the V6 is the codes are shared with that annoying DFI.
Thats if any codes are shown.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Changed the batteries in the two key fobs.
Saturday car shuffle

Darryl Kerrigan: “Oh Steve, could you move the Camira? I need to get the Torana out so I can get to the Commodore.”
Steve Kerrigan: “I’ll have to get the keys to the Cortina if I’m gonna move that Camira.”
Darryl Kerrigan: “Yeah. Watch the boat, mate.”

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just moved the ute into the shed after washing it earlier on today. Just noticed I've just ticked over 238k. I thought I was nearly at 237k a week ago when I last took notice. Not sure if I misread, or whether it skipped 1000km? Means I'm only 2k off it being time for a service. Possibly due for plugs too, but I'll wait for the next 20% off at AB and grab them then.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Changed the batteries in the two key fobs.

One thing I like about the VE is that it uses a CR2032 which only needs replacing once every half a decade or so. The ex’s Subaru Tribeca needed the battery replaced very often because it only uses a CR1620.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
One thing I like about the VE is that it uses a CR2032 which only needs replacing once every half a decade or so. The ex’s Subaru Tribeca needed the battery replaced very often because it only uses a CR1620.
Wow, I like that. I fitted a new battery when I bought the new flip case. Good to know it will be a while before it needs changing.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah, this car is not quite seven years old and this is the second time I’ve changed the batteries. Can’t remember what the first ones were, but the second ones I put in we’re Energisers and I’ve just replaced them with Toshibas.