Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Changed the oil in the rear axle and power transmission unit. 170k's and probably never been changed before. Expensive stuff for less than 11/2 litres but we're about to undertake two lengthy trips so it's cheap insurance.

twogirlsdad

Waiting for my summer.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 Commodore/Pontiac G8 GT Sold. '17 Chevy SS
Wiped the snow off of it...again.
IMG_1330_zps6eabdbd3-1.jpg

IMG_1331_zps8765e450.jpg

I went to the big box hardware store and bought a flat of insulation batts. I will hopefully get the insulating project done this weekend. :w00t:
Then there will be no more cold and snowy nights for my car. Tonight's low is -22*C.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Leveled out the fan shroud like I was thinking of doing. looks better.
And pulled out the engine loom, wasn't so hard.. was dreading of doing it, but when I worked out how the transmission plug came off.. was easy.

Hopefully tomorrow I get a s/hand loom for it...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Wiped the snow off of it...again.
IMG_1330_zps6eabdbd3-1.jpg

IMG_1331_zps8765e450.jpg

I went to the big box hardware store and bought a flat of insulation batts. I will hopefully get the insulating project done this weekend. :w00t:
Then there will be no more cold and snowy nights for my car. Tonight's low is -22*C.

oh I remember those times.... I used to be a Temporary Cheesehead... unlike you FIBs we got more snow!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I actually use to find it quite peaceful, get out there with the shovel and the bags of salt, throw the headphones and start shoveling and salting, then broom off the car. My neighbours used to think I was bat **** crazy because each morning I would go out and scrape the ice off my 3500s windscreen with my creditcard.... in boxers and t-shirt.

I was just acclimatizing myself lol

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
tried a maguiars waterless body duster to clean the layer of dust the car gets in the shed off during the weekdays it's left sitting.

Not only did it not lift the dust, just moved it around, it also scratched the paint/glass.

So much for quality maguiars products.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Tonight's low is -22*C.

37c here today and 20c tonight. Forecast of 38, 39 & 39 for the next 3 days with lows of 23.

Needless to say I will be doing very little to my car aside from maybe an early morning or late afternoon wash.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well with Holden closing down, local paper on Facebook sent out a request for local Holden enthusiasts to interview for story in tomorrow's paper. I replied, gave phone interview with journo from the paper, and this afternoon came over and took pics of me with the VB. If it surfaces will post a link.