Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Now imagine doing 4 sets on a 350 chev.

Things went a lot better for my old friend when he discovered the vacuum gauge you used to tune these suckers to balance all the carbs.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Now imagine doing 4 sets on a 350 chev.

Things went a lot better for my old friend when he discovered the vacuum gauge you used to tune these suckers to balance all the carbs.
A vacuum gauge ? Such luxury ..................... I had to do my twin SUs on my Zephyr with a stethoscope that I had to lick clean every day before starting ........... oh, never mind. :oops:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Had to go out and pick up some supplies so went and checked all the tire pressures. Looks like the passenger rear has a slow leak, down considerably than the others. 2 new front tires a bit low but expected that. Also got a few litres of 91 in a jerry can.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Had to go out and pick up some supplies so went and checked all the tire pressures. Looks like the passenger rear has a slow leak, down considerably than the others. 2 new front tires a bit low but expected that. Also got a few litres of 91 in a jerry can.

Are you going to light it up? :cool:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nahh. Needed some petrol for the garden tools. Ran out doing the lawns the other day and with the current weather I wanted to make sure I had petrol in case I need the chainsaw.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well we survived the storm with relatively little damage and now the sun is out so it was time to fix a few things. First was the windscreen washer jets on the Subaru. Bloody useless, they only mist and only at the lower half of the windscreen. Managed to adjust those up but still pathetic. Next was the headlights, started with this,
0-02-07-2b2cdc30487151efc88fc905c38f07183c990881aa24f29c196bda51234b533a_f2ba17d71725e79a.jpg

and now have this,
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 15.23.29_e8757502.jpg

Will do the 2nd one after lunch is done and I do a few other quick chores or the boss will be upset when she gets back home next week.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bugger, thwarted by the weather. Was on the 3000grit stage but it's started to spit and this stage is done dry.

MY poor old shoulder has also given up the ghost and the strain has pulled right up into my neck. Time for another break, some panadol and a coffee. And read the instructions on my new dash cam (Blackvue750).

What method/products did you use ?

I'm using the Mothers head light kit, I think the 3rd time I've used it.

Comes with 800, 1500 and 3000grit pads and polishing compound of some sort you use with a polishing ball (also in the kit).

That’s a really good result. Did you seal them?

Not yet but I have some RainX plastics that I'm going to try on it. First time using that product. So I'm hoping it does both, seal it and work like the RainX stuff for the windscreen.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Deep cleaned the interior hard plastics of the Mini (including tooth brushing all the little dusty crevices) with Orange Agent and Vinyl Care, along with leather shampoo and conditioner on the handbrake and shifter boots.

Fabrics will be done another day.