Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think about this?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Cancelled my fitting an got my $300 back. Wouldn't let me go without saying how "this is the last one", "I got you such a discount", "If you change your mind they won't be as cheap next time". Then showed pictures of some $6000-dollar setups. I walked off and he's saying how he knows more about it than everyone - including a mate of mine u wanted to bring along - so I should be comfortable. Fat chance.

Anyway I remembered what shotty wiring they did with my current setup.

I'll have a play with the amp and settings later

Good choice. You might be able to get away with something as simple as turning the gain up a little more

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I wish people would stop saying "Autobahn".

Yeah, just do a bit more research... It's only the sub and sub amp that make more bass, so that is all you should really need to upgrade if that's all you want to improve.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
If you want more bass, go for subs and amps change, capacitors are excellent if you are running a top system, they store the power so the subs get the full punch every beat, most people dont agree with them because they haven't used them before or haven't got an idea of what they do to a full on system, unless you are running all your speakers off amps, the h/u make a huge difference with the inbuilt amp they provide ie 50wX4 etc. Dont forget about the stuff the beginners dont worry about like good wiring/rca's, optima battery or something similar, caps and the type and positioning of a box could make a heap of difference, sealed, ported, banpass etc. If you really want the best sound use name like orion, alpine,rockford phosgate, mb quartz, focals and go to a audio shop, autobarn and places like that are like supermarkets.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Cancelled my fitting an got my $300 back. Wouldn't let me go without saying how "this is the last one", "I got you such a discount", "If you change your mind they won't be as cheap next time". Then showed pictures of some $6000-dollar setups. I walked off and he's saying how he knows more about it than everyone - including a mate of mine u wanted to bring along - so I should be comfortable. Fat chance.

Anyway I remembered what shotty wiring they did with my current setup.

I'll have a play with the amp and settings later

Hey mate, what state are you in? I can help out if you are near by. I just hate seeing people get ripped off!

Same thing happened to a mate of mine. I went back to the store with him and told the salesman to wake up to himself, after my mate and I left with the deposit!

Terry

T-MaKK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY Executive
just putting this out there..

itll will cost 2400 minus what ever you sell your existing stuff for.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you want more bass, go for subs and amps change, capacitors are excellent if you are running a top system, they store the power so the subs get the full punch every beat, most people dont agree with them because they haven't used them before or haven't got an idea of what they do to a full on system, unless you are running all your speakers off amps, the h/u make a huge difference with the inbuilt amp they provide ie 50wX4 etc. Dont forget about the stuff the beginners dont worry about like good wiring/rca's, optima battery or something similar, caps and the type and positioning of a box could make a heap of difference, sealed, ported, banpass etc. If you really want the best sound use name like orion, alpine,rockford phosgate, mb quartz, focals and go to a audio shop, autobarn and places like that are like supermarkets.

Whats your definition of top end system, $10,000? I've come to realise that caps are a waste of money, they can only supply a AA batteries worth of power before they need to recharge, which still requires your electrical system to charge it, so just cut out the middle man.

As for H/Us I have yet to see any half decent one without 50w X 4.

The rest of your advice about RCAs, Optimas, box design and positioning and brands is spot on though.