Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what exhaust do i need to get

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
is this an alloytec? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwV7OejN5qM if so to me it sounds good and thats what im hoping my car to sound like

Yeah manual and full throttle. Particularly manual, changes the sound so much.

Otherwise it sounds like quote: "typical v6 commodore to me." If yours is an auto, particularly a 4L60, for the love of God do not put any sort of loud exhaust on it.

With the money buy leather or a mint headunit and lift skirts.

If you must have something, remove the rear resonator and get a 12inch hotdog installed in its place. That way you aren't wasting a lot of money and it won't be excessively loud.

Also let me make this clear: without extensive engine work, V6 COMMODORES DON'T SNAP NECKS! They are shopping trolleys. Excellent dailys, but won't sound like a "racecar" EVER!

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
Mate, no offence but I don't think you will get a nice race car type sound out of an alloytec.

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
I am pretty sure we have been through this before.... and pretty sure NAAF has answered this question.

In the end its up to you. You have had multille opinions from all angles (which is the point of a forum) make a choice and go with it.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
If you like the way it sounds then just buy the xforce op. I think it sounds gay and so does everyone else but that's not the point. If you like it then just get it.

They don't fall off after a year unless you put it on wrong. Xforce aren't a top quality exhaust but they're not that bad. I've had one on for the last few years and it didn't fall off lol.

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
If you like the way it sounds then just buy the xforce op. I think it sounds gay and so does everyone else but that's not the point. If you like it then just get it.

They don't fall off after a year unless you put it on wrong. Xforce aren't a top quality exhaust but they're not that bad. I've had one on for the last few years and it didn't fall off lol.

lol no one on this forum seems to like the sound of the xforce exhaust in that vid.....but every comment in the vid is talking about how tuff it sounds, seems legit.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
well I think you have answered your own question, I don't like the raspyness of that system, And went for a the well made Manta, little bit louder and deeper sound, both around the $500 cat back, that video he states he has extractors as well, so as you stated a $500 limit you have the choice of manta or X force, personal choice in what sounds good, if you don't want droan at highway speeds I wouldn't go 2 1/2 inch
lol no one on this forum seems to like the sound of the xforce exhaust in that vid.....but every comment in the vid is talking about how tuff it sounds, seems legit.

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
well I think you have answered your own question, I don't like the raspyness of that system, And went for a the well made Manta, little bit louder and deeper sound, both around the $500 cat back, that video he states he has extractors as well, so as you stated a $500 limit you have the choice of manta or X force, personal choice in what sounds good, if you don't want droan at highway speeds I wouldn't go 2 1/2 inch

oh you have a manta on your vz? i was looking at a few vids on youtube and it didn't seem that loud too me, maybe it was the quality of there mic or something im not sure....anyway it would be great if you could post a vid of what your car sounds like with a manta, if it sounds any good i may consider getting one, also i do have extractors but it does nothing to the sound just gives me abit more hp when i floor it.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Yes mate I do have the Manta system on my car, unfortunately I don't have any way of getting a better recording of it than what is already posted on u tube etc, It is not real loud(but a bit louder than standard) it is deeper and no raspyness or drown,great fit nad craftsmanship is the assembly,
oh you have a manta on your vz? i was looking at a few vids on youtube and it didn't seem that loud too me, maybe it was the quality of there mic or something im not sure....anyway it would be great if you could post a vid of what your car sounds like with a manta, if it sounds any good i may consider getting one, also i do have extractors but it does nothing to the sound just gives me abit more hp when i floor it.