Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what exhaust do i need to get

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
instead of wasting money on a exhaust, put it into a savings account for a V8.

It's a 6, just enjoy it for what it is and do some cosmetic upgrades instead.

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
instead of wasting money on a exhaust, put it into a savings account for a V8.

It's a 6, just enjoy it for what it is and do some cosmetic upgrades instead.

dont want a v8 lol they use to much petrol

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
mfw
QHgRS.gif

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4

But your happy to waste money on an exhaust for a V6 which will just make it sound like the video above, ie crap??

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
But your happy to waste money on an exhaust for a V6 which will just make it sound like the video above, ie crap??

yeah but the cost isnt on going lol, just think of all that petrol you would have spend by now im sure its well over the $500 i would spend on my exhuast. Like i said these people on the forums wanna say it sounds like crap well what do you have to compare it to that sounds good? step up like a man and post a clip of what your car sounds like dawg.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Like i said these people on the forums wanna say it sounds like crap well what do you have to compare it to that sounds good? step up like a man and post a clip of what your car sounds like dawg.

you asked for opinions on exhausts for your V6 and you got it. the consensus is that you can't make them sound good.

I think you'll find that the members who choose to post clips of their cars will be the ones who own V8's. you wanted information on exhausts for V6's. these videos would be useless for you because you don't have a 8.

D

Don123

I would love to post what my car sounds like, but it's sooooo quiet, you won't be able to hear it. AND, LOVING IT!! BTW, modern V8s don't use fuel much more than V6s, besides as dear as the price of fuel is, it's still the cheapest of all other expenses that you need to spend on running a car, and as you want to 1. lower your car, and 2, buy noise, I also think that you should save your money and buy a V8 that will give you all the power and macho feeling that you want. One more thing if i may, please don't abuse us.

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
you asked for opinions on exhausts for your V6 and you got it. the consensus is that you can't make them sound good.

I think you'll find that the members who choose to post clips of their cars will be the ones who own V8's. you wanted information on exhausts for V6's. these videos would be useless for you because you don't have a 8.

like i said it depends on what you call ''good'' to some v8s will sound **** and to others v6s will sound good that's just how it is. I know when i go to car meets i see commodores that sound heaps better then a so called v8, my mate had an ecotech motor in his 1998 commodore and the thing snapped necks every time he floored it past people. If someone posts a video of there v8 it wont be totally irrelevant because i still want to hear what they call ''good'' is compared to the apparent **** sounding commodore in the video.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Next time you go to one your car meets and hear an exhaust that you like ask them what they have and get that.

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
like i said it depends on what you call ''good'' to some v8s will sound **** and to others v6s will sound good that's just how it is. I know when i go to car meets i see commodores that sound heaps better then a so called v8, my mate had an ecotech motor in his 1998 commodore and the thing snapped necks every time he floored it past people. If someone posts a video of there v8 it wont be totally irrelevant because i still want to hear what they call ''good'' is compared to the apparent **** sounding commodore in the video.

You have a lot to learn young fella. No matter what you do to a v6 it will never sound as good as a v8 in anyones opinion. There is a old saying "there is no replacement for displacement."

Its a standard v6 executive, lower it, spend some dollars on some wheels and see phreddy for the led dash conversion (awesome really is) and dont forget the brakes.

As for v8 being thirsty. Tiny bit of a difference. I have a heavy adventra v8. With tune and exhuast I get 450k's from 60 ltrs. Notbad for a two ton beast.

I dare say your mates commodore would "SNAP NECKS" only because ppl are saying "look another v6 bogan with a truck exhuast trying to sound like a v8"

Race cars generally are highly worked v8. Thats the reason they sound the way the do. There not a standard v6 exec with a cat back "zoorst" stop pretending your car is that it is not. Spend your dollar's elsewhere champ.

And yes I have wasted my money on modifying inline and v6 just not worth it.

In the end though its your dollars though.