Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fits VS Series 2 indicator stalk with cruise

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
^^^
Part number please

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
^^^
Part number please
part No.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have a cruise control indicator switch from a VR. After checking the back of the switch and comparing it to the photo above I can only find two minor differences. The list of part numbers on my switch has an extra one at the top but the remainder seem to match. The plate with all those part numbers is grey whereas yours is black.

I can't imagine what would have changed between VR and VS. the design of the lever matches the one downloaded from Holmart but is definitely a cruise control switch. It's yours if you want to pay the postage from Newcastle to your address.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Thanks. My mech
I have a cruise control indicator switch from a VR. After checking the back of the switch and comparing it to the photo above I can only find two minor differences. The list of part numbers on my switch has an extra one at the top but the remainder seem to match. The plate with all those part numbers is grey whereas yours is black.

I can't imagine what would have changed between VR and VS. the design of the lever matches the one downloaded from Holmart but is definitely a cruise control switch. It's yours if you want to pay the postage from Newcastle to your address.
anic mate down south has tracked the correct switch down for me.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
I can just about guarantee you they are the same all the way from VR to VX Series 2.

There is no difference, they all have generic GM part number on them.

If you want, I'll even check part number between a VS Series 1 and VS Series 2 unit.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What exactly is the difference?

From vn/p cruise control is on dash then vr/s without cruise control have same same blinker stalk.

Then vr/s with cruise control blinker stalk has button on the end...main plug for blinkers etc & seperate wiring plug for cruise control...supposedly same with later models.

If so uncertain take steering column covers off pinch top & bottom tabs the whole blinker assembly then actually compare it to replacement.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I hope he gives us part/number/pic.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
What exactly is the difference?

From vn/p cruise control is on dash then vr/s without cruise control have same same blinker stalk.

Then vr/s with cruise control blinker stalk has button on the end...main plug for blinkers etc & seperate wiring plug for cruise control...supposedly same with later models.

If so uncertain take steering column covers off pinch top & bottom tabs the whole blinker assembly then actually compare it to replacement.
. Did that and sent photo's to a mechanic mate who found the match. It seems that they probably are the same, but several Ebay sellers say they won't fit Series II. I'll see what happens when it gets here. Thanks for all the help everyone.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Are you sure you are not getting confused with VX Series 2, which they do definitely not fit?

I had a look at some eBay listings, and didn't find any that mentioned not fitting Series 2 VS.

Another thing you can do, is go to a wrecker, and get the later model VX-VZ switch and wiring connectors, and swap them over. They are a much nicer switch!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I just got aftermarket blinker assembly for vp ute..works perfectly BUT actual stalk looks a little different & tad bigger than original item it replaced