Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What happens when a hose on your transmission falls off...

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
you get an expensive trail of oil running from halfway up your driveway all the way to your local petrol station...

Ive fixed the problem and another $50 worth of oil but i have left a happy trail a full kilometer. Pretty funny after its all fixed :D

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Yeah the same happened to our Landlord in his ute when he was here doing repairs on our hot water system, all the way around the corner back to his house, not funny when its our driveway and we cant get it off but lol.

I tried telling the kids to follow the line to go pay rent last night coz it's raining and I'm sick....didn't work. haha!

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
oh crap!

... leave a pot of gold at the end of the oil track for the EPA to find :p:p

but good it didn't catch fire or anything on the exhaust! (does trans oil catch fire?)

Paiste402

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
oh crap!

... leave a pot of gold at the end of the oil track for the EPA to find :p:p

but good it didn't catch fire or anything on the exhaust! (does trans oil catch fire?)

na i doubt it, its designed to be chewed in a trans at stupidly high temps, you dont want that to catch fire in a trans!. Although heaps got all over the exhaust so when i fixed it and went for a drive it looked like i was towing a bush fire.

haha at the end of the trail is a huge puddle of disapointment that only sand could clear up. Its a heaps good tail, you can see how i drive on the road... poor at best! Well i did think something was wrong going down the road when it wouldnt change from first... and then when it wouldnt move at the servo...

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
If you have run it that far and out of oil i would start saving for a tranny rebuild!
You may be lucky or it may be BIG $$$$$$

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT

if auto trans fluid YES it does catch fire!

my old VL had a small hole wear through on the metal auto pipe which leaked onto the exhaust and proceeded to become a flame....

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
na i doubt it, its designed to be chewed in a trans at stupidly high temps, you dont want that to catch fire in a trans!.

a transmission does not get hot enough and does not operate at stupidly high temps, if it does you have serious problems!! as in my post above trans fluid is flamable and you are very lucky it didnt catch fire.
that's why you see cars catch fire in burnout comps, a trans or p/steer line blows and contacts with a hot exhaust causing a fire

Paiste402

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
a transmission does not get hot enough and does not operate at stupidly high temps, if it does you have serious problems!! as in my post above trans fluid is flamable and you are very lucky it didnt catch fire.
that's why you see cars catch fire in burnout comps, a trans or p/steer line blows and contacts with a hot exhaust causing a fire

well u learn something new everyday :D