Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is "the" older Commmodore model to lust after for you?

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I was just wondering...Commodores have been around for over 25 years now, so the early models are almost classics.
Which early model would you like to have sitting in your garage alongside your current Commodore, just as a "weekend car"?

Personally, I would have the one everyone used to rave about: The VB-SLE 4.2 four-speed Sports Pack. It had the lot...sweet little 4.2 V8, four speed, LSD, four wheel discs, tinted windows, air, power steer, premium stereo, 15" alloy wheels, sports suspension, headlight wipers, and quite often they seemed to be bright red. The only minus is that also quite often they had a red velour interior...oh well, to each his own... :rolleyes:

If I could afford it, and I could find one that hasn't been hacked around by modifiers, this is the one I would like to own.

Then again...I used to own a 1980 VC four-cylinder SL Commodore...it would be fun to stick with four cylinder power and go wild with a replacement four banger out of a Nissan Silvia or something...all riced up with massive turbo, blow-off valve, drainpipe exhaust, huge intercooler...that could be a bit of fun...it'd certainly score a solid ten out of ten for being different... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :w00t:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I would have to say either a VC Brock or a genuine vn ss grp. a. there is an old lady that lives near me that owns a Genuine VC Brock and i am watching like a hawk for a "for sale" sign... :yeah: as for the vn, they are a piece of history as much as anything else, plus they are as tough as nails and look the part...so why not! :)

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
yeap the blue VK for me as well

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
My last car I sold due to the fact it was getting a bit old and needed some lovin was an immaculate dark grey VP ss with Gold R8 rims lowerd and a sweet sounding exhaust the vp commodore still has a soft spot in my v8 heart.

N

nathanb

I saw a 1978 VB SLE 308 - fully stock and with the original gold duco (how 70s can you get?) at a car yard near my house. The yard was closed at the time but I was able to go in and check it out. I was lusting after that, it was a total classic and it was a really good price, like 2k or something. I even had the cash, I was thinking anout picking it up as a collectible becase original commos, especially with the 308 are getting rare and I reckon they will start to go up in value.

When I got a chance to go back when the yard was opened, they told me it sold about an hour before - not fuggin happy!! :b:

N

nathanb

p.s. webwombat - that car is awesome! if i had the cash...

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Brock Commodore VK Group 3 sprayed a gloss black with a nice set of tuff rims and a good exhuast. That would be my ideal weekend car!!

9262x500y400.jpg

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
OH baby

I'd love to have my old VH SLE back, but I'd drop a 5L V8 in it, 3 1/2" from header to tip, oversized cam, better rockers, pushrods, pistons, conrods and a huge carbie with a bonnet scoop running into the air filter, then behind it all I'd love a auto quick shift with a 3 grand stallie and a big 9" diff. I’d have it dropped via an airbag susp setup, customs interior and sound system. A matt black (satin black) paint job with white gloss racing strip off centre (drivers side) with these rims, I loved my old VH wish I kept it as project car, it was my first car and was smick as was sad to see it go off to the wrecking yard as I didn't have room for it and couldn't sell it with no rego, are well I have the VR to work on now and after the road rage thingy there is lots to do and not much money to do it, which in a way is good as I wait and look around for the best and cheapest ways to go.

Attachments

• CRW_315GM_RT8.jpg
    CRW_315GM_RT8.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 151