Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is this tiny tube for in a V6 VS?

existentialist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Could it be for the air con run off or something?

I ask because I am trying to bleed my system. When i open the value, the bioling coolant shoots out but the level of the coolant container does not fall, as though released coolant is being replaced by air...

Attachments

• Photo-0090.jpg
    Photo-0090.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 482

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Could it be for the air con run off or something?

I ask because I am trying to bleed my system. When i open the value, the bioling coolant shoots out but the level of the coolant container does not fall, as though released coolant is being replaced by air...

I think you will find that that tube is part of the emissions gear, and should be attached to your charcoal canister, thats the round tube like thing near the radiator.

When you are bleeding the coolant through the valve above the thermostat, when you get a flow of coolant without bubbles or with minimal bubbles, the system can be considered bled, so close up the valve and go for a good long drive, and then check the level so often, as it may need a little topping up here and there.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i also think that it should go to the charcoal cansiter.

Ben6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Can anybody tell me where the other end is supposed to go? Mine came off completely and I worked out that one end was meant to be attached to the charcoal canister, just not sure about the other end...

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
well one end actually just goes down into a hole in the lower chassi rail and does nothing on one of them, another should return to the fuel tank I think and the pcv valve from the top of the intake manifold runs back to the throttle body.

thats from a rough and uneducated memory though, my tech book is at my girlfriends.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
well one end actually just goes down into a hole in the lower chassi rail and does nothing on one of them, another should return to the fuel tank I think and the pcv valve from the top of the intake manifold runs back to the throttle body.

thats from a rough and uneducated memory though, my tech book is at my girlfriends.
The big chunky one that comes up the chassis rail is the fuel tank breather. The two smaller ones go across the top of the engine to the throttle body (i think). Make sure both of these wrap around behind the radiator hose, this keeps them out of the belts.