Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what motor will fit?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
i just brought myself a hq to play with,
and im gona leave the vk might buy a grp 3 body kit but thats about it.
im competly broke atm
mcdonnalds pays **** :)
i dont mind tho cos i get free food and i get paid for doing nothing
so why complain

because you can get better, im looking at working for the council for my holidays, they pay an absolute sh!tload to do nothing. lol

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
do they really.
hmm i dont really want to clean like public toilets and cut down trees in my summer holidays tho
i dunno works work i need a good paying job

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
do they really.
hmm i dont really want to clean like public toilets and cut down trees in my summer holidays tho
i dunno works work i need a good paying job

seriously, my mate gets paid for 10 hours work a day and may just do 4 hours work, which is trimming hedges and that..

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
]cops dont wanna go knocking on the door of your mums house informing her that you have died in an accident and who could blame them? f.. that. i reiterate, stop winging about p plate laws, get some driving expierence in a nice clean safe car and then mod it once you have had a few close calls.

I understand the reasoning behind the rules, and I support it, even as a P plater. I would just prefer consistency. An SV6 might be safer all round, but if a VB-VH with a 253 is considered too dangerous for a P plater (115KW from memory, maybe 125) how is pretty much any VT or newer Commodore fine? I'm more in favour of Victorias original power:weight ratio rules. Still not perfect, but much closer to it than NSW's banned list.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I understand the reasoning behind the rules, and I support it, even as a P plater. I would just prefer consistency. An SV6 might be safer all round, but if a VB-VH with a 253 is considered too dangerous for a P plater (115KW from memory, maybe 125) how is pretty much any VT or newer Commodore fine? I'm more in favour of Victorias original power:weight ratio rules. Still not perfect, but much closer to it than NSW's banned list.

read ari666's dot point list and you have your answer why a VT is safer than a VB

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You only have to drive a early Commodore 253 in the rain and then a newer VT-Z V6 to know why the 253 is banned. Heaps more deadly. It might not be much difference in speed but it's 100 times more able to be sideways

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
but all you have to look at is with the PTW laws you can downtune your car, then they have to dyno it, approve it and then you tune it up, if you get pulled cops cant say that it has more power.

if you have just a list of cars to say no to they can see that thats a R8 and its not allowed.

but i see what your going on about

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok, now you have me thinking ari666, tell me more