Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do with the gov handout

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
thats alot of tax....

howard knew what he was doing, why should a high income earner pay so much just cause they work hard for it, 30k in tax is a joke

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Well it probably wont effect your taxes, no doubt though higher income workers will cop some pretty hefty tax increases. Apparently almost 30k a year in income taxes isn't enough. ****ing joke.

The stupid thing is higher income taxes encourages borrowing. Put simply I will borrow enough such that nearly all of my excess income will go on interest which will be tax deductible (investment). When coupled with tax benefits on depreciation of homes investors are cash positive whilst your normal wage earner takes it in the rear yet again. Yet the government gets little if any extra revenue

Another option is super which is very cheap (tax wise) but locks up your money for a very long time.

Reaper

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
is there any truth in the apprentice extra payment as posted earlier? anyone know?

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
Pay of Euro trip! (in all seriousness thats what im spending it on :p )

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
cool, i can throw it on the credit card... as well as get some gear for the car, maybe a sub and amp :D

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Well it probably wont effect your taxes, no doubt though higher income workers will cop some pretty hefty tax increases. Apparently almost 30k a year in income taxes isn't enough. ****ing joke.

And you know what the worst part is, whatever government that is going to be in power in the future is going to jack income tax rates to get ourselves out of this mess.

I'm hoping who ever it is, they have the sense to make everyone share the pain equally, not just slug high income earners.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
And you know what the worst part is, whatever government that is going to be in power in the future is going to jack income tax rates to get ourselves out of this mess.

I'm hoping who ever it is, they have the sense to make everyone share the pain equally, not just slug high income earners.

**** that, I want every low and middle income to be the only ones who get tax rises, besides it is many of those that wanted these handouts so they should be responsible for paying it back.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hmm, what to do with the government hand out, ummm, the million dollar question. NOTHING i dont get a bloody red cent

randomhero365

Reaction score
Members Ride
AU XR6 VCT
apparently apprentices will also get another $950 ontop of this first handout making it $1900 anyone else heard this or know?

I'm an apprentice and I didn't get jack **** from the last one..
If this one goes through that will bring me to a total of $900 - $950..however much it is..