Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Was Your Very First Car?

P

pip75

Just curious to what everyone's first car is or was...Mine was a (CRINGING) a 1986 Ford KC Laser...Canary yellow...mmmmm. Found the Holdens and since have converted the ford loving family to commodores...Yeah!!

Pippa

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
now no body laugh,

it was mum's old datsun 120y. sports exhaust, it went realy good, it stil goes to this day. (minus the roof, the driving light's are a pair of dolphin touches. the fuel tank is a 10l jerry can in the passanger's seat, and the driver's seat is a milk crate)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My parent's gave me their old EH Holden - been a Holden girl ever since

It was so full of rust. There was a hole in the driver's side floor, you could watch the road fly past. Good old 3 speed column shift manual - that was fun to get the hang of.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
QUOTE (Garth @ Feb 4 2004, 07:20 PM) (minus the roof, the driving light's are a pair of dolphin touches. the fuel tank is a 10l jerry can in the passanger's seat, and the driver's seat is a milk crate)
oh now that is pure class .....

my first car was a Red 1984 Carby 202 VK Commodore....went like a sack...looked like a sack....and i want another one....gotta love the VK's

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Beat this for a pile of ****....mine was a Leyland Marina, Orange 6 cyl. Cost me $200 bucks. Never did get it registered but drove around the Isa all the same until my step-dad sold me his VW Beatle.

Go-on have a laugh.....Guy.....I do!

G

grover

my old man wanted me to get a gemini-yeah right.my first car was a 67 HR,**** hot 186,big xu1 40/80 cam,triple 175 genuine lj xu1 triple stombergs,lowered so far the bump stops were cut in half so it had some suspension travel,flared guards,13x8 westerns,you get the picture.loved that old girl.

P

pip75

Hey Guy ...A leyland....that says one of 2 things...1 it was brand new and you are really old or the car was old and you were new....Are we showing our age...??? lol

Could be worse coudda been a FORD!!
Pip

S

sparkles_vp

1980, HZ kingswood sl,253v8 auto. rebuilt it ground up, sold it to an army guy and he thrashed the hell out of it. Always been a holden man.(or boy)

P

portercg

First car was a 1967 Morris mini deluxe with lots of Cooper bits. I actually grew out of that car, next was an LC GTR Torana, and that was the start of it all
G

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
my first car was a heap of **** nissan bluebird wagon. i paid $800 for it and sold it for the same. when i sold it the diff was shagged as it just kept making a whirring noise.
second car i bought was a VL. it was in tip top condition and had a fresh coat of paint. it had one of those vent thingys on the bonnet above the rampod. i must admit, it did look good. i paid $4500 for it. I had a little smash in it at a set of traffic lights and ended on selling it for $1400.
third and current car is a VS ute which is my work car. i guess its in reasonable shape... maybe one of the better utes on the work site out there.