Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Was Your Very First Car?

G

Grantis1976

The mighty dato !! A 200B sedan, 5spd...set it on fire trying to do a burnout in about 5L of old sump oil ! Stripped it, rebuilt, paint, and a new motor ....FJ20T

It didnt handle too badly, brakes were **** house, but with that new motor, she f$@k'n hammered! Keeping in mind that this was about 13 yrs ago, there wasnt the big craze for hair dryers like there is now, and the modified turbo was based on that of a VL from the wreakers. Being a daily driver, I had to be careful, but the one time I broke loose, I did a 13.79 1/4 at willowbank !!!! Pump super, no cooler, just lots of fun !!!

See yas !!!

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
QUOTE (Gobbles @ Feb 4 2004, 08:13 PM) my first car was a Red 1984 Carby 202 VK Commodore....went like a sack...looked like a sack....and i want another one....gotta love the VK's
I'm with you there Gobbles!

My first car was a White Carby 202 VK SL and whoever had it before me had a Calais interior installed and did a very bad job.

I had that for about 3 years then sold it to buy a 308 VK Berlina.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE Stripped it, rebuilt, paint, and a new motor ....FJ20T

The FJ20 would of went like a shower of sh!t in the 200B Grant. The same car today with an intercooler, a high flow and tank full of PULP would have ran some impressive numbers. 13.79 is so bloody quick for an FJ20 on pump super. Can you remember the mph time for that run?

Good one

Cheers

Jake.

BTW- My first car was a *cough* fully worked 250 in a *cough* XD.

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
First ride was a rebuilt VW 2 door fastback (not a beetle). It was a rear engined twin carb 4 cylinder manual, not exactly a muscle car as the top speed was around 120 kph. I remember being dragged off by one of my mates in an old corolla. It was very cheap to run though and good for cruising with a sound barrier(lol)/clarion stereo. Reliable too, it survived being driven from NSW to Perth. VK and VL came next.

R

Robbie

Well Guys I had a 1990 Magna, Wagon.... absolut piece of Sh...... But very happy to get rid of it

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
My first car was a Rover 3800. I bought it for a grand. I had it for a year and a bit then sold it for $1500....

B

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Im still in my first beast

The beloved dark metellic red (burgandy sounds gay) VL. Now sporting black bumpers & side strips, and a set of ROH McLaren 15's, red brake calapers, and black hubs & drums. Totally mint.

Mike

PS: I've promiced alot of people photos of various things on the car, and believe me im getting round to it.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
My first car was a 93 white Ford Laser wagon. Had to share the piece of **** with my sister until my dad bought a VY Calais and a new Astra for my sis to drive in late 2002. I got dads 96 VS Acclaim, gotta love hand me downs!!!

Andy

Lloyd

Reaction score
Website
holdensfords.staghost.com
My first car was a TF gemini (I still own it). Its reliable with a loud exhaust system, which can be heard a couple of streets away, it also has a leaking sun roof and no air con!

i will be getting rid of it soon because I will be getting a WH statesman.