Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] what would you do?

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Tonight I was at the servo getting fuel and there was a little black Mazda 2 next to me, anyway she opened her door and she wasn't holding it and the wind caught it and it hit my passenger rear door and left a foot long 1 cm thick scuff mark with a very very shallow dint about the same size! She was very apologetic and she gave me her details! This is the problem the scuff will polish off ( when I washed a small section it came off easy) but the dint is noticeable on the right angles.
Do I fix or do I forget? She is with racv and so am I, but I think her excess will be heaps she was on green P's

Last edited by a moderator:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Get a quote to fix it, then send the quote with comments asking her to compare it to her excess and she what she says. She may just send the cash.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
If you're feeling guilty about taking it through insurance, maybe get some quotes yourself at a few panel beaters. If it's only a small dent it may not be a lot and will probably end up being cheaper on her end to just to give you the cash for the repair then go through insurance. As a green P plater i'm sure her excess is extremely high and not to mention this will only put her premiums up for the future.
Probably the best way for your conscience and her wallet.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
If it didn't dint it I would've just polised the scuff off and forgot about it! I will take it to the smash repairer next to my work see what he rekons

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Was she good looking?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
just take it down to ausdent. it'll prob cost you $40 and saves you the drama of insurance.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
^ I would have just said "give me $100 and forget about it" and if she'd said no, then possibly have gone through insurance. If it's really worth the hassle that is.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Step 1) Decide if the damage is going to upset you in 6 months time when you keep looking at it.

Step 2) If you answered YES to the above, go to a repairer/dint place and get quote.

Step 3) Contact person and tell them said quote.

Step 4) Have sex. (or option b - get some money off her/go through insurance)

Step 5) Car still ####ed/car fixed.