Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When does acceleration become 'uncomfortable'

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I do work for Tesla. I asked if they could bring a P85D around to the workshop so i could experience the acceleration in ludicrous mode. Really not comfortable at all lol. Ive been in some pretty quick cars. Nothing came close to this. Incredible. I actually went home early that day because it buggered my neck! No joke.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
My Maloo wont get anywhere near those acceleration figures, so I cant comment....

But the screams from the passenger seat tells me there is an 'uncomfortable' point somewhere for a lot of people! :D

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I'd like to feel the acceleration in a Jet Sprint Boat. Makes some of those car look slow off the line :p
Have an old poster from a good 10 years+ ago and back then the figures were 0-130kmh in 2.5 seconds pulling 4.5G's
and apparently now they are pushing that in under 2 seconds :eek:

although I do like the feeling of just easing on the power in the car and being pushed back into the seats.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Have an old poster from a good 10 years+ ago and back then the figures were 0-130kmh in 2.5 seconds pulling 4.5G's
and apparently now they are pushing that in under 2 seconds :eek:

That's serious 'screaming' potential!

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I actually went home early that day because it buggered my neck!

And that's the crux of it right there. Doing 0-100 in under 3 seconds on a bike is different because you're hunkered forward on the bike, and while you're (hopefully!) wearing a helmet that adds weight to your head, you're also exerting the forces more in line with your neck and spine, thereby reducing the shock.

In a car you're pretty much upright, and the sudden accelerative force would put huge strain on your neck muscles. It'd be worse for passengers than drivers though - just think of how much faster a car feels from the passenger seat, because you're not in control of the vehicle and you're always reacting to the forces, not anticipating them.

It wouldn't be too long before the more litigious countries' legal systems start clogging up with lawsuits against both drivers and manufacturers for injuries sustained.

For me, ducking under 4 seconds is plenty fast enough.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
for me, a car can be 0-100km/h in 2.9s or 9.2s. ive never been a fan of going fast in a straight line. theres the initial *woah* and thats about it for me.

i get my thrills from a car screaming while hooked up being thrown into a loop.

you could have a brand new charged HSV in the right lane, a charged Ford in the middle lane taking off their hardest at a set of lights. im still only going to watch the old muscle car in the left lane that does a quarter mile in 30 seconds.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
And that's the crux of it right there. Doing 0-100 in under 3 seconds on a bike is different because you're hunkered forward on the bike, and while you're (hopefully!) wearing a helmet that adds weight to your head, you're also exerting the forces more in line with your neck and spine, thereby reducing the shock.

In a car you're pretty much upright, and the sudden accelerative force would put huge strain on your neck muscles. It'd be worse for passengers than drivers though - just think of how much faster a car feels from the passenger seat, because you're not in control of the vehicle and you're always reacting to the forces, not anticipating them.

It wouldn't be too long before the more litigious countries' legal systems start clogging up with lawsuits against both drivers and manufacturers for injuries sustained.

For me, ducking under 4 seconds is plenty fast enough.

Exactly, my Hayabusa is quicker but with without the sore neck lol.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Back to the original question...It becomes an uncomfortable if you floor the juice and you have a super urge to hit the dunny with a good No.2 bombing session. Oh that seatbelt cutting into your gut...oh that feeling of really, I mean REALLY wanting to go and you are still ten minutes from home!

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Would only become uncomfortable when your brain starts telling you that you could die if **** goes pear shaped. So if it was hauling as hard at 200+ as it was from 0-100 then maybe...

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
3g's is the start of uncomfortable imho