Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When t's Time I's Time

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Well some good news this week with my second blood test coming at less than 0.03!! So still on the way down slowly 3 months after my operation and although not zero going in the right direction at last. If the next 3 month blood test is the same or lower I will not need follow up radiation treatment... which I must say is good news.

If the 3 monthly blood tests continue at the same level or fall to zero over the next 18 months they say I should be in the clear for a while, although the doc stressed my cancer can return any time and will need to get 6 monthly tests done to make sure nothing is growing.

So all in all I am well on the way to being considered in remission :)

Now for the really good news... need to load a photo... next post! :)

Theresa and me on an LA Beach in September 2015.

13266107_10209768687524127_8465358615915847490_n.jpg

And Theresa arrives here for 7 weeks on Saturday ....

Last edited:

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
thats excellent news..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Awesome news, great to hear things are heading in the right direction :D :thumbsup:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Shane that is great news mate.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Good to hear. Keep up the good work mate

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
That is fantastic news. Good to see a pic of you smiling :)

Onwards and upwards.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
That is fantastic news. Good to see a pic of you smiling :)

Onwards and upwards.

Life has improved many times over from 2 years ago. Fixed a few things to make it better, sold almost everything and now just down to 2 cases of clothes and a car load of things to move around. Getting ready to leave the land of Australia, get married and keep going with this unrelenting adventure I am on now.

I never thought I would be in this position 2 years ago. Just goes to show never giving up can pay handsomely - not in dollars - but in finding happiness - working out what really is killing you in day to day living.

Cancer made me start living for me, to cast aside the negative and controlling people around me. Acceptance was not easy.... but when you realize we are the controllers of our own happiness... it becomes so much easier to stop the drama at your doorstep, stop the negative. Live in the positive and enjoy each day as it comes.

It was not easy, but I did it without drugs, without alcohol, without anti depressants... because I wanted to feel... feel what life was like away from the poisonous minds around me at the time.

Now I feel I can start life over in a fresh environment where everything will be new, every day a new adventure into the new and unknown... and I really don't care if things go wrong, if I fail. I will be living and that my friends is all that matters.

I could be dead already... but I am so far... lucky.

And I have met someone that adores me... and don't that feel fantastic.

So thank you all on here for you well wishes... next time I post I may well be in Phoenix AZ playing with a whole bunch of different cars :)

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Mate this is awesome news! I remember reading your story a couple of years ago and I felt quite saddened at the time, but to read that not only are you physically healthier, but you've found some happiness and a lovely lady as well this is fantasitc! Enjoy it mate!