Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When your car stuffs up

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
i can now add to this since my first post about the radiator, a water leak from the welsch plug that ivolves me having to remove the extractors on the drivers side of the motor, left hand headlight decided to break just driving on a rough road, nothing to with car buggerin up, but slightly related, i got FRICKEN BOGGED while trying to do a U turn up the bush (i would up with 3 wheels on the ground, and 1 off the ground, only prob is, that that one wheel was the RH Rear, so i had NO drive at all, i jacked it up, PACKED it with branches and bits of wood, and well, it just spat them out at the shins of the bloke at the back trying to push lol) but if my LSD wasnt stuffed, that wouldnt have happened i guess.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
My dads car had a flat battery so he had an NRMA guy come out and give a jump, on the way to the servoto get a new battery the battery died while waiting at red light and engine stopped.

luckily the nrma guy was driving behind us at the time, and gave us a battery and jumper leads, spent the rest of the drive to the servo with a battery sitting on my lap with jumper cables running out the window and under the hood :/

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
oooh i got some good stories here, ill just post one though

few months back was getting ready to go to a party in brisbane and i live in byron bay, 2 hours south, so about 6pm me and a mate jump in the car and head north...

about half way to tweed doing 110kmh on the highway engine light comes on and steering goes heavy, crap ive lost power steering, i knew instantly what it was, i limped it about 2 kms up the road to an emergancy bay and popped the bonnter, sure enough my top tensioner pulley is missing and the bearing is siezed on the engine and my fan belt is missing.

so i made a few calls to NRMA (im not a member) wanted $500 to tow me to the nearest servo, made some more calls and managed to get in touch with someone who had a spare engine, so made another call to get a mate to go get it and bring it to me and lucky i had a spare fan belt in the boot.

so we sat in the car for 2 hours on the side of the highway thinking how fun this friday night was till the parts arived, another hour later we got it all together turned around and went back home lol.

this is the 2nd time this has happened, first time was bottom tensioner pulley while i was doing 100kmh on a tiny windey road, thats hell scary when you lose power steering on them roads while your driving 1 handed lol.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I find it funny that people manage to run out of fuel. Why run it that low anyway?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I find it funny that people manage to run out of fuel. Why run it that low anyway?

My VL had a really really dodgy fuel gauge, it could be showing empty, but would have nearly a quarter of a tank in it. Caught me out 3 times. The worst was in the middle of the city, during morning rush. Managed to park the car in a parking spot, and then walk out of the city to a petrol station, buy a jerry can, and walk back to my car, find a hardware store (right across the road from my park (fate?) buy a funnel and pour the petrol into the car.

Whole process took about an hour and made me late for work, on the plus side, i had a shorter work day that day.:whistling

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
I was installing a stereo in my HQ monaro and found a switch in the drivers side door sill. Flicked it on and off but nothing happened so i cut it and finished the install. Come to start the car and it wouldnt start. spent 1 hr going over everything i did with the install and couldnt figure it out and at this time my parents go to do some shopping.

SO i call RACQ and he comes and has a look and runs a lead from the batt to the starter and it fires and runs fine. Take the lead off and it dies. He spent 45 mins checking everything and couldnt figure it so called another RACQ guy to come have a look. 2 and a bit hrs later they leave with no answers for me so i decide stuff it ill rip the install out and re connect all other wires. Still wont start.

Parents come home about 7pm (approx 4-5 hrs after this all started) and dad says "are you still trying to do that" to which i reply "shut up as if you would have any idea how to fix it". 5mins later the car started fine when he pointed to the switch on the garage floor saying whats that and me arguing that it was nothing until i re wired it back in. Damn you hidden kill switch. Never have lived it down plus then had to re do the install hahahaha