Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to run wires through firewall?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
could u be more specific?? i dont know wat u mean bro

if you dont have a smokers pack installed, there's a plug with power available to you behind the pocket in the center dash.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Guys, how about the easiest place under the dash to source a permanent battery +ve wire?

Remove the cover to the right side of your stereo to access the wiring loom. Armed with a multimeter, you'll soon locate a 12v permanent power wire.

Cazzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Whats the pocket in the centre dash?

the power source needs to go to the engine bay, so it would be easier to find some ignition on power inside the engine bay.

Probs jus multimeter the **** out of every plug until i get power, turn off key and see if it drops.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Guys, how about the easiest place under the dash to source a permanent battery +ve wire?

Out of curiosity, what are going to run from the permanent +?

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
My aftermarket gauges (Speedhut) have in the wiring diagram a connection to B+ as well as Ignition on +ve, earth and then also other sensors.

I assume the B+ is because the gauges have electronically set high/low warning lights and I guess have some sort of memory?? Not sure.

By-the-way, I love the gauges!! They look awesome in the 3 gauge pod - check out my gauges thread.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 SIDI
Sounds pretty cool :) but you don't want to run a gauge off a permanent 12v...you want to power it from the ignition wire so it turns off when the ignition goes off. But having said that I don't know what gauges you're installing...I'll have to check out that thread and take a squiz.

I've got a pair of digital gauges from prosport if you're interested checking them out. http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...vi - YouTube&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13449275707745

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
i had to run a permanent +ve on my gauges as they have 4 different back light colors to choose and needs memory when you set your desired backlight color.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
I have heard there is a permanent B+ in the plug behind where a cig lighter can be installed. Brown/white into the Aux plug or if you have an actual cig lighter installed I am told its brown/yellow.

Nux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
Thanks all I found this thread useful.