Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheres this hose go?????

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
think on mine there like a 10-15 cm hose coming off the nipple bit, then on the end of that hose theres the t-piece. i've got a pic on my phone but unsure how to get it up onto here so ya can see. will see if i can

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
can try and explain it thou--- where the dipstick go's into the sump of the auto- there's the oil line above it- and a bit above the oil lines is the nipple. its pretty much inline with the oil lines just a bit higher.

Attachments

• 29112009480.jpg
    29112009480.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 560

juzdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
thanx wana you been a great help ill let you know how i go cheers juzdog

bottleinspector

power starved westy
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
if you have established that its a breather i would be looking into why there is fluid spewing out of it, either overfull or excess pressure inside, a breather should have nothing come out of it, or a small amount of vapour at most

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
i dare say it would be from the oil lines, not the breather, all breather does is depresurize the gearbox, does not matter where the breather hose goes, prefer above the gearbox, only reason they put it in the chassis is so it doesnt get dirt and dust in it, check the oil lines mate, and check what fluid level it has aswell, i cant see it being so overfilled that it will come out the breather hose, but i spose anything is possible

juzdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
just spoke to the mech and hes stumped why oil come out there except they may have overfilled it yeh well the thing is it mustve lost alot coz the dipstick not registering any oil now so ill check the oil lines peckzz cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I remember reading about a recall holden had for the earlier VR/VS autos because the dipstick was getting blown out of the dipstick tube by fluid when the box was worked hard,like when towing something heavy up hill.Apparently it could spray trans fluid over the engine which was a fire hazard. All they did was fit the locking dipstick instead of the one that just sits in there. I posted this because your problem made me think of that.I was thinking your problem could be similar,although I've never heard of it coming out the breather hose.Someone else here might know more about the recall.Maybe the box was a bit overfull.How hard was the box getting used before you noticed the fluid leaking?

Last edited:

juzdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
i know what your talking about brett jjj its happened to me before with the locking dipstick i fixed it by apply some plumbers tape around the sleeve so it locked tighter been fine since but no the box wasnt getting used hard at all no towing or anything i think they may have overfilled which means its there fault under warranty right but how i lost so much is whats got me stumped???????

juzdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
i dare say it would be from the oil lines, not the breather, all breather does is depresurize the gearbox, does not matter where the breather hose goes, prefer above the gearbox, only reason they put it in the chassis is so it doesnt get dirt and dust in it, check the oil lines mate, and check what fluid level it has aswell, i cant see it being so overfilled that it will come out the breather hose, but i spose anything is possible

yeh well further investigation determined it was one of the oil lines and what i saw was the oil travelling done the breather anyways all good now got the line fixed and the breather back on now im just wondering what they will say when i go for a pink slip about the huge hole they cut in the bell housing to fit the box

juzdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
thanks to everyone for your replies