Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which 1 to get!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
where do u plan on putting the amp for the subs that u plan on getting personally i would put it in the boot on one side and than when u get the other amp on the other side i think that would look good maybe even a fake wall of somekind

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
aaahhhhhh i see,then under the seat may not be such a great idea tho! good and bad sides to it! but i like the idea of bolting it to the back side tho aswell! (fark thats gonna need some long cables lol)
well i will check out the wiring colours as i can see how itll help! lol

btw thanks for the input too fellas! greatly appreciated!

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
well i havent decided about the subbies n amp where im gonna put them just yet actually,probly have each amp on each side wall n then a pair of subs just behind the back seat facing the rear door or something so far! (dunno really lol)
but what i wanna try and find is a pair of pioneer 15" subs!,thatll be real nice i reckon! lol

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yeah will sound really good as long as u have the right amp ;)

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Even a pair of GOOD 12s will be enough. But as stated above its most important you give them decent power. 1000wrms is a minimum.

How much room are you willing to "sacrifice" in the cargo area? I say this because if your answer is as little as possible then sealed is basically your only option. If you can spare say a little under half the space then a ported box is the way to go. 2 x 12s, 4 cu.ft. box with a single 6" port (even 2 x 4") and 1000wrms will blow you away. If its tuned properly it will sound just as good as a sealed box, being that you can play all types of music and it'll sound good, but you'll get the added low end extension that a sealed box lacks.

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
well im prepared to sacrifice a bit of area,but the only thing is its on gas so i got the stupid tyre in the way :( which is why i dont know how im going to mount the subs just as yet if i get them! but i was also just thinking of some 6x9s to be put into the side walls of the back if its possible to be done also :S (maybe 4 of em) dunno just as yet tho!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
post a pic of your cargo area if you want maybe we could give u a little inspiration if u wish

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
ere r some pics of the back,let me kno if u want some dimensions etc

adzy-s-vy-albums-my-ride-picture2403-mvc-003s.jpg

adzy-s-vy-albums-my-ride-picture2402-mvc-002s.jpg

adzy-s-vy-albums-my-ride-picture2401-mvc-001s.jpg

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
u could put them amps against the seat i guess would u need to lay them down for anyreason do u think???
lol what a bad place for a spare