Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which 1 to get!

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
update!!!

well the gear is all installed and sounds MUCH BETTER than what it did :) ,the only thing that p***ed me off with the installation is the time it takes to pull the car apart to mount everything lol,

only thing now is to get the thing tuned up right to sound real mint! which i'll need some help on lol

but,i dont know if anyone can help me but the headunit i installed won't save the memory (like if i save a FM station for eg in it doesnt remember it once i've turned the car off) :S does it just need to be resetted or something!!!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Sounds like you have connected the constant supply voltage to the ignition input on your head unit. And the ignition power connection to the constant voltage on your head unit.

Just swap those around it will remember the stations. Use a test meter to see which one is switched on if you want. But that sounds like that. Very common problem for people

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
Sounds like you have connected the constant supply voltage to the ignition input on your head unit. And the ignition power connection to the constant voltage on your head unit.

Just swap those around it will remember the stations. Use a test meter to see which one is switched on if you want. But that sounds like that. Very common problem for people

I had the same problem as you adzys and this was the solution.

So what have you installed so far?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
sounds good :) where did the amp end up lol and yeah go with what alien said orrr faulty deck

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
well i swapped the constant voltage and ignition over and problem solved! :) thanks for that! if that hadn't of fix the problem i would of gotten to the point of throwing in at the wall! lol

trentvy, i have only installed the new headunit,new amp and replaced the speakers with better ones!

i ended up just putting the amp under the passenger seat,fits no problem!
and the good side is i didnt needed huge leads! lol
i also grabbed one of those dingle-din headunit cases off ebay and worked a treat! lol

only thing now is a sub,because i heard my mates one going and it sounds real mint with only 1 lol

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
yer it's pretty loud now! lol
i turned it up full and got to the point where it was too loud for me and i was wondering if the speakers would blow! lol

jjFarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Phantom
You may want to consider something here adsy: do you really need a subwoofer?
How much time will you really spend in the car to justify having one (or more) taking up space in your wagon?
I mean, why do you have a wagon to begin with then ;)
If you don't, you'd probably be better off getting better brakes, or roller-rockers, or a better CAI, or whatever instead. Ifnyaknow what I mean :p

Just a thought ;)

adzy's vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive Wagon
lol i see ur point jjfarking,
im in the process of the CAI mod atm actually,well seeing what i want to do i mean
yer i was told to get some real nice silk sheets for the bak! lol