Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White VFII SS-V Wagon

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Thanks mate, one of the main reasons I got it done was because I saw your car done and when I found out it had a lifetime warranty.
Iv ordered some snow foam which I hope is as good as iv heard. I don't really plan on touching the car with a sponge or kit.
Going to take it for regular detailing at the place that did the opti coat.

yeah a snowfoam and good gernie do wonders. Ive probably only used the wool mitt for a hand wash like 5 times in a year, the rest of the time i just foam and rinse with the gernie. comes up like new every time.....

Yeah im actually about to take mine back for a detail soon too, just a bit of a professional freshen up as i dont get the time myself to really look after it. Thinking about getting the wheels done with the opticoat too but not sure at this stage.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thanks mate, one of the main reasons I got it done was because I saw your car done and when I found out it had a lifetime warranty.
Iv ordered some snow foam which I hope is as good as iv heard. I don't really plan on touching the car with a sponge or kit.
Going to take it for regular detailing at the place that did the opti coat.

Opti-Coat may have a lifetime warranty but it won’t last a lifetime without the proper follow up maintenance unless of course you’re talking about the life span of a fly.

Snow foam also won’t always remove all dirt and grime from your paintwork and your hands will have to get involved at some stage.

First off anyone who has a sponge should throw it away or only use it for the inside of your guards and tyres and maybe on your rims depending on the coating but never ever use it on your paint as it will swirl.

Get yourself a good quality micofibre mitt like the one pictured below which is readily available from places like the Forum sponsor Car Care Products and learn to use the two bucket method.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/mircofibre_deluxe_wash_mitt

The products shown are the Mint brand but there are other good ones and also other good suppliers of car care products.

A microfiber deluxe wash mitt
ymp8j7q2.JPG

A microfiber waffle weave drying towel in place of a chamois
p84swhmc.JPG

A microfiber Uber Plush buffing cloth
ta29x3q5.jpg

1000gsm-Better-than-chemical-guys-Super-Thick-Plush-Microfiber-Car-Clean-Cloths-Car-Care-Wax-Polishing.jpg

If you're serious then all these are cheap and along with some other products play an important role in keeping your paintwork in good nick.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thinking about getting the wheels done with the opticoat too but not sure at this stage.

Do it.

I don't use Opti-Coat on my paint as I prefer the look of high quality carnauba wax but the rims on all my cars have 4 coats of Opti-Coat and it makes them ridiculously easy to keep clean.

Your nice Vossens deserve it.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Weekend drive,
Day 1 Mornington to Apollo Bay via the great ocean road.
Day 2 Apollo Bay to Forrest for a bike ride then up to Horsham.
Day 3 Horsham to Halls Gap, drove some nice winding roads and back to Horsham
Day 4 Horsham back to Mornington
Averaged 11.4L/100Km so pretty happy with that :yeah:

Just a few shot the missus snapped with her phone.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
13720413_10153985454188172_1005097488_o_zpsvql3iu1e.jpg

Nice bike ! I've got one of them.

So the two bikes fit in the back of the wagon ?

I'm not a fan of the sports armour precisely for that reason.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice bike ! I've got one of them.

So the two bikes fit in the back of the wagon ?

I'm not a fan of the sports armour precisely for that reason.
I did see a thread awhile back that you had the same bike. They go alright :yeah: both bikes fit with their front wheels taken off and just on top of each other.
Have just put roof racks on and looking into bike carriers now.

The missus had a cruze sri-v and the front bumper scrapped all the time, didn't want the same thing happening to the wagon. Waiting on my tax return then will be investing in some coil overs. So the armour is for practicality not for looks. lol

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the roof wrapped yesterday. Sorry for picture quality, these were used on Facebook and they turned crappy.
Time to start saving for coil overs now.

14317472_1244833665548969_1417769359408700547_n_zpsb8hbmkfh.jpg

14232615_1244833728882296_1184662934827867179_n_zpsacylinbg.jpg