Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who else has rust?

W

Wonderboy

to change colour, do u have to rub it back to bare metal? just wondering.... i could bum around in my hj for a bit while take everything out. i wouldnt mind spraying it a different colour.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
not necessarily bare metal ... if your paints still good, and your not going from black to white or something you'll be right.. just make sure you use at least a couple of coats

stacks of clearcoat at the end will make even your little nephews **** streaks he drew on the wall of your house look like its a million dollar job.

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
Wonderboy said:
to change colour, do u have to rub it back to bare metal? just wondering.... i could bum around in my hj for a bit while take everything out. i wouldnt mind spraying it a different colour.

nope, but give it a good sand down no matter what you do. 800 wet rub is the best, but time consuming. Stripping back to bare metal takes quite a while, and its messy if you use paint stripper.

If any of your paint is crazed (cracking, discoloured badly etc) that should be sanded back to bare metal.

Just one quick note... If your changing colour your engine bay and boot area will still be whatever colour your car is now. Also you will have to paint the door jams (which isnt too hard if you have the trim off!!).

The engine bay is paintable... but not really with the engine there. If you know how to take it out (tranny and all) you can then spray it. Its all a matter of what you can/cant do and how much time you wanna spend!!

Personally I would love to see an Impulse Blue VP cruisin around!

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
you and this bloody impulse blue mate ... lol

ya tried to get me to paint my hr that colour .. i think you need to speak to someone about that vpee m8. :p

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
s0sage said:
you and this bloody impulse blue mate ... lol

ya tried to get me to paint my hr that colour .. i think you need to speak to someone about that vpee m8. :p

lol, its a good colour :D. Beats my crappy Alpine White VP!!