Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
My first was a Mazda Capella. Bought it off a mate for $400. All my own cash and ever since then always has been. Bought a VH for $600 off another friend, swapped the capella for a 91 VN, sold that when it started dying and then bought the VN I have now. There were other cars in between, another VH, Torana, Corolla and a Telstar (bucket of crap that was lol)

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Us kids were lucky as we all got given out first cars.My sister got a LJ Torana 2 door,i got a 1974 toyota Corona,next was my brother and he got mums old HJ Kingswood wagon and the last little turd got an XC Fairmont GXL.Not flash cars but they got us going.

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
My parents bought my first car it was an old Holden HT station wagon.
Dad got the station wagon so if I went out and got drunk I could sleep in the back and not call im to pick me up.
My son is 12 and I have said that I will buy his first car and he will be getting a holden ute.
My parents or my wife and i are not rich but it was something that we can do for our kids.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
i had to buy my first car off my parents cause i blew the motor up was a 1979 datsun stanza

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i paid for my first car. $400 + $6000 to rebuild it

Attachments

• photo from ebay.JPG
    photo from ebay.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 172

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
My parents paid $2000 and i paid the other $1000 for my 94 vr with 155000km, then i paid them back as i earnt it. Bought it about 18months ago and just finished paying it off a few weeks ago, throughout that time have had to borrow more off them to pay for a few small parts (radiator, engine, gearbox lol) its going strong atm :)

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
got a loan in my dad's name though the money comes out of my account. $15000 loan which im obviously still paying off... it was abit much maybe, but - no regrets.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
18th birthday present - brand new Suzuki Swift three door at a cost of $13000.

I thumped the crap out of that thing for two years then got rid of it for something bigger that I bought myself. Great timing because I started having kids after that.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My first car was a LX Torana hatch back. 3.3 litres of 70's orangeness. Was never stupid enough to ask my parents to pay for it though. You would still hear the laughing now if I had.

Reaper