Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
paid for mine, 84 vk in red, nice car. I figured if i pay for my car then mum/dad couldn't say a word as to what i got or how and when i drove it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Paid for all mine. First car was a VN Calais paid $4K off the top of my head.

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
paid for mine (the ute) and all mods for it, so probs up around 10g speding in 12 months
+ i bought a new motorbike (crf250r) at the same time.

all earnt by me slaving since i was 14 at coles

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I'm lucky because my parents bought my first car (current car). Cost $3500 all up. I was going to pay but dad told me to hold onto my money in case it dies (has over 280000 on the clock). '97 Mitsubishi Lancer Manual.

The best part for me is that I've lobbied for the holden so much that when I get my Green P's I get the Berlina! Pretty sweet deal:thumbsup:

scrabet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
i bought both mine the vn when i was 16 for 700 and the vs last year for 500 with a blown motor the only thing my parents paid for was a window and rego for the vn wich i paid them back for and a tow truck for the vs..

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Us kids were lucky as we all got given out first cars.My sister got a LJ Torana 2 door,i got a 1974 toyota Corona,next was my brother and he got mums old HJ Kingswood wagon and the last little turd got an XC Fairmont GXL.Not flash cars but they got us going.

I should add that they were our birthday presents.:thumbsup:

muzzz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina V6
At 16 i bought my first car, VP Berlina LE $600, sold that at 17 for a grand. Bought second car VT Berlina on LPG $9000, traded that in a month ago (got 7 grand) for a brand new VE Berlina. (Loan for $40000). I think i've done pretty well for a 19yo.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I worked my ass off for my first car, and every car since. My first car was a 79 UC Torana, then a Fairmont Ghia, then an EA falcon then the VS all of those cars I earned, all of those cars I worked for.

When I was in Highschool I had a few jobs at the same time, I mowed lawns, I maintained and cleaned a carwash + some car detailing, I cleaned a sawmill and I did odd computer related jobs as well, this got me a car, plenty of spending money and allot of fun, even if I did **** most of it up the wall.

Sometimes you cant blame the spoiled kid, only the **** weak parents.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hmmm, lets see, i bought my vs wagon for 2,000 when i was 16, it had a few niggles which is why i got it cheap, body and interior was straight. sold that 5 months later for 4,000

about 4 months after my 17th birthday i bought a 1year 11month old vz wagon which i still have for 18,500

about 5 months after my car purchase i bought an 2004 husqvarna te250 for 5,000

ive worked my ass off and payed for these three things with out my parents help. although the night you go to bed after spending nearly 20,000 after insurance and so on at the tender ago of 17 is a nervous feeling....im still only 18 now tho