Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whose the d#ckhead?

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
"Mt druitt the only place a car jacker will have their car stolen"

Another thing i noticed going along the gw highway is that cars always speed up to overtake trucks uphill then when theres a downhill they slow down in front of the truck WTF??? why do that? I slow down 20kmz below the speed limit in this instance (going uphill) cause I dont wanna piss the poor guy off OR end up splattered against his bull bar when the next downhill comes along~

Also Ive been tailgated by truck drivers b4 but as ive prob said b4 there is allota stupid pplz out there not juss car OR truck drivers....

Rishy

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Nissan GU Patrol
Who was it? Looked like a bit of a tosser.

looked like a tosser?! that guy has a serious case of carpal tunnel! i thought that car looked familiar. that truck crashing into that benz was bloody scary!

PRH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s utility,and a KENWORTH
Hey guy's i'm a claytons truck driver be it only a 350 hp kenworth and a bogie drop deck trailer,the ones i really like are the coque heads who drive up the right hand side of ya in a roundabout,and even worse when ya gunna hang a left into the yard and ya gotta get over on the right hand side of the road ya got ya left indicator going and the revolving lights going and they still try to overtake on both bloody sides :rip:
Phillip :wax:

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Poor lane discipline and behaviour is partly because speed limits are too slow and enforcement overbearing, so people drive badly, often deliberately. Its an Australian thing that reflects in other places with slow limits, New Zealand, and some US states come to mind.

When you drive on a three-laned freeway in AUS, the middle lane is the left lane. The left lane is only for those nasty trucks and ultra slow caravans, but not for those towing box or boat trailers at 130km/h.

The attachment is what is taught in GB and EU Continent (in reverse), and in places such as China (as at 2004) and HK for some years prior to that. It is UN Road Traffic Convention requirement.

Our primary driver manuals are not teaching folk how to properly use 3-lane freeways correctly. AN EXCEPTION is the "NSW Road Users' Handbook", it matches the attachment and world practice.

Tonights 'A Current Affair' story highlights the state of driving behaviour, certainly as it is in 'organised chaotic erratic' Victoria.

I have full sympathy with the truckies, but we will set about a heavy prohibition of using the right lane when on three-laned sections of freeway, by use of signs - a la F3 in NSW.

Attachments

• Motorway 3 lane use Pic.gif
    Motorway 3 lane use Pic.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 112

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
I never asked our workshop manager when i was at the last company(australia wide cold chain and general freight) but i was always of the impression they werent by law to be altered by anyone but the engine manufacturer or truck producer eg: cummins/detroit/kenworth etc

yeah that was my impression to. The 10% thing was a overrun factor that rta nsw gave us for downhill. so they(the company) gave us drivers that had only regular trucks the 4 kay allowance.

Last edited:

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
I had a bloke, towing a twin axle box trailer, try to kill me a few months back...

Now I'm out on the plains, half way between the two towns here. Its flat, very flat, except for this little rise, a crest if you like. Its the only one in 130km's!

What happens is this, I am approaching the crest. I see first B-Double, then Second B-Double, anf funnily enough is actually driving with the 200 meter gap as required. Then I see two head lights swaying from side to side behind the second double... I say to myself, "Sweet, He's just having a look" He goes back in beinf the double and then, BANG! it hits me like a brick, he's out there Jerry!

I wonder to myself, (He can't be overtaking, No, No, I'm just imagining it...) So theh I left the Radar Go...

168 Flashes up, even with the trucks in the beam... I then take an educated guess and scream F@CK NO!

I grab a hold of some brakes and pull up the XR8 and slide over into the dirt just in time to have the driver fly past me at speed we later both agreed was in excess of 180KPH, with a f@cking trailer on!!! I looked in the Mirror and saw that both the trucks had their anchors on hard, brake lights a-blazing...

Anyway, I took a few deep breaths and turned around catching this idiot, who buy the time I caught up with him was still doing 130KPH!

I stop him and he has the hide to say. "How are you today officer?"

I say, "I'll be fine once I chage my F@CKING pants SIR!" I only called him Sir, because I really wanted to call him something I can't bring myself to write, just incase my wife walks in and looks over my shoulder. You get the picture! He said that he had committed himself and had no where to go. However there was just so many other places he could have tried to overtake. If you have to O/T someone at that speed then you've F@CKED UP!

Anyway, $1500 fine, licence suspended on the spot (most likely to cop a 3-6 month follow on suspension from RTA) and a mouth full from me was the result... But more importantly, something stuck in my mind and it as that if those two truck drivers hadn't known what was going on around them, and hadn't had the foresight to hit the anchors, me and that guy would either be a car sandwich or I'd be out in a tabl drain on my roof most likely very sore or dead...

So if you dudes are out there, THANKS A MILLION...

That being said, I have also stopped a truck which had a very accurate speedo, however the speed limiting was set to 150KPH!!! There all KINDS out there!

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
I never asked our workshop manager when i was at the last company(australia wide cold chain and general freight) but i was always of the impression they werent by law to be altered by anyone but the engine manufacturer or truck producer eg: cummins/detroit/kenworth etc

It is against the law for anyone to touch it. 90km for Road Trains, 100km for highway trucks. I have the capabilities to change the speed on any MAN, Detroit or CAT engined truck, but if I do, and the Transport Department/Police check the speed limiter, the ECM leaves a "tattletale" of the last person\workshop who changed parametres within the Engines ECM, meaning that I would be liable, and can be charged accordingly. Speed and Speed Limit is one of the first things checked in a Truck accident. I know of ways around it, but I WILL NOT do it. There are various other methods, but, again, I will never do it

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
You will find most truck speedos are 100% accurate, simply so law abiding companies can travel at the max legal speed, if a truck catches you on the highway, merge intot he bike lane slow down and give him a little room, you lose 5 seconds, the poor bastard in the truck can lose hours because of someones speedo reading 5km/h out.

People have no courtesy these days.

Countless of times at night I have been passed on the western ring road in melbourne at night by these ford B doubles doing in excess of 120kph.I know
these trucks have got speed limiters but even blind freddy can tell that these have been tampered with.

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
these trucks have got speed limiters but even blind freddy can tell that these have been tampered with.

I second that, I may be only on my P's but it's pretty easy to tell most of the trucks passing through Tamworth are tampered with. Now I'll admit that even though I'm on my red's, I'll occasionally get up a bit above my 90 to overtake people in front of me and such, but only when overtaking (i can't stand people who do 70 in 80+ zones :( lol)... about 5/6 times now, before I've had a chance to deaccelerate back to my 90 I've been overtaken by trucks doing close to 140, and they don't seem to be slacking off when they've got past you. Most truckies in the area reckon only about 5/10% of the truck rolling through haven't been tampered with... which isn't really a comforting thought...

And crap, helly that sounds like it wouldn't have been that much fun :eek: