Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why do people hoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
hes kinda right... where can u go to go do circle work and big standstills. tracks arent what what people want. calder has a drag strip, yes ok it has a burnout pad, but the ashphelt is so high grip that it just tears ur car apart. its drag strip hot mix. ive seen **** struggling to spin on that.

plus its not worth the $50 for the like 2 mins they give you. for that much time its only worth $5.

plus for the burnout events only like 5 cars get into it and its only every 2 weeks

And if its drag racing your interested in, its not worth sitting in the line for half hour to have one drag then to sit in the line again.

thats it. thats all true. anyone who trys to tell me otherwise is full of ****.

**awaits "i know everything" comment from minux

Well as far as i'm concerned if you want to do burnouts, standstills or whatever you should save your money up for a big session every month and get it out of your system:p
I'm not full of s*** either, i just don't see the appeal in thrashing your car, destroying tyres for what, the amusement of your mates, to impress a woman?
I might be getting old though so you must forgive me...:D

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
"Well as far as i'm concerned if you want to do burnouts, standstills or whatever you should save your money up for a big session every month and get it out of your system"

Beautifully said. I have to admit that the track down here is a lot different than what calder sounds like too. Usually I can get up to 5+ time trials, then race, then grudge matches, then I can fry my tyrs untill theyre dead or the car wont go anymore.
Or there is the test and tunes. Unlimited runs all day followed by burnouts.

I didnt realise that calder was so slow paced.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
An interesting read.

First of all, forget impounding hoons. Just impound every Commodore (and Ford) with Mags on the front and steel "burnout wheels" on the back!

As always with public defiance, everyone has an excuse and usually involves blaming someone else. Yes the old "give us a race track" argument is always thrown up, but how dare anyone tell me they have the right to drive like a ****head on the same road as me because they don't have somewhere to vent their testosterone.

Society today encourages more and more a mentality of "you are entitled to everything and it doesnt matter how you get it". It's an extension of every antisocial behaviour; from not giving up your seat to a senior citizen, to pinching a car park ahead of somewhere else, to downloading music you didn't pay for to smacking someone in the mouth just because you didn't like the look of them or because you can.

People hoon because their puny little excuse for a brain makes them believe that someone actually thinks they are cool or some sort of legend. Even more-so in a group because other retards encourage the behaviour.

I believe that upbringing does have an effect on future behaviour. My old man is in his 60's and yep he and his mates used to hoon, even Bob Jane used to, but he taught me responsibility for my actions and so hooning and similar antisocial behaviour never entered my mind.

In the end I can't appreciate one iota of an excuse for this behaviour. It puts me and other legitimate road users at risk and needs to eradicated with the fullest force the law allows.

And as a side note I laugh myself ****less with every hoon standing there crying when he has written of his machine. Amazing how tough these idiots are until it all goes bad.....

Last edited by a moderator:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
An interesting read.

First of all, forget impounding hoons. Just impound every Commodore (and Ford) with Mags on the front and steel "burnout wheels" on the back!

As always with public defiance, everyone has an excuse and usually involves blaming someone else. Yes the old "give us a race track" argument is always thrown up, but how dare anyone tell me they have the right to drive like a ****head on the same road as me because they don't have somewhere to vent their testosterone.

Society today encourages more and more a mentality of "you are entitled to everything and it doesnt matter how you get it". It's an extension of every antisocial behaviour; from not giving up your seat to a senior citizen, to pinching a car park ahead of somewhere else, to downloading music you didn't pay for to smacking someone in the mouth just because you didn't like the look of them or because you can.

People hoon because their puny little excuse for a brain makes them believe that someone actually thinks they are cool or some sort of legend. Even more-so in a group because other retards encourage the behaviour.

I believe that upbringing does have an effect on future behaviour. My old man is in his 60's and yep he and his mates used to hoon, even Bob Jane used to, but he taught me responsibility for my actions and so hooning and similar antisocial behaviour never entered my mind.

In the end I can't appreciate one iota of an excuse for this behaviour. It puts me and other legitimate road users at risk and needs to eradicated with the fullest force the law allows.

And as a side note I laugh myself ****less with every hoon standing there crying when he has written of his machine. Amazing how tough these idiots are until it all goes bad.....

Well said....:thumbsup:

cracker

Reaction score
An interesting read.

thats an down right stupid statement, what about my mate has bad chamber does want to wreck his 18s has stockies, what if u have a flat ur not going to have one stockie and one mag the car will pull to which ever way, u cant assume that just because some one has stockies on the back they are going to be causing trouble, how many people here can say they have never done a burn out speed or done other "hoon" type things.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
thats an down right stupid statement, what about my mate has bad chamber does want to wreck his 18s has stockies, what if u have a flat ur not going to have one stockie and one mag the car will pull to which ever way, u cant assume that just because some one has stockies on the back they are going to be causing trouble, how many people here can say they have never done a burn out speed or done other "hoon" type things.

still not a good reason. if hes got camber issues, get a camber kit to fix it, or just stick to stock wheels. you do realise that most people that have stockies on the back are running thinner tyres on the rear than on the front, and that is illegal.
also, the comment about having a flat tyre so you put two stockies on the back. who carries around two spare wheels in the boot? you pop a tyre, you put the one spare wheel on, drive home, get a new tyre. no need to go driving around with stockies on the back

cracker

Reaction score
whats a chamber kit worth dude 300-400, stockies are $50 i no which one i would choose as a 1st year app. wages.
lucky i have stockies on the front too, lol i dont get it half the people on here have cars that are off thier tits yet they wont say yeah iv give it abit bull **** u dont

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
An interesting read.

For crying out loud use at least a bit of nous.

Like I said, everyone's got an excuse.

One stocky and one Mag? Actually that's what usually happens. Look at most factory fitted mags and the spare is a, wait for it, A STOCKY!! So you drive to the Beaurepaires and get the Mag tyre fixed.

Maybe your mate shoulda got his camber fixed before worrying about 18's.

A for someone driving with stockies on the back and Mags on the front, I think I CAN assume they are going to be doing something stupid.

The notion that because we have all done something we shouldn't have is an excuse for others to do the same is a ludicrous statement.

Stocky, good call!:thumbsup:

cracker

Reaction score
The notion that because we have all done something we shouldn't have is an excuse for others to do the same is a ludicrous statement.

Stocky, good call!:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

no but it proves that ur no better then the people who now are.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Cracker, 2 posts in a row and we still don't know what your are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.