Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen crack repair/replace

MalooElCamino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf maloo
Hey guys long time lurker.
From melb vic. Had my vf maloo for 11 years. 140,000 on clock serviced at kevin dennis its whole life. (Getting reamed I know) done it for the potential problems that may ever rise under good will.

Copped a f'n large stone chip/crack on western ring (hate it!)
Have shannons full comp (hate them lol) chip is 10mm right at head hight. Seen the rock coming at my head. Will this be filled or windscreen replaced?

Not really wanting a crap fill repair. Worried about numpties removing the components on the windscreen damaging stuff etc. Genuine windscreen replacement? Think shannons use obrien waiting to hear back.

I do my best to avoid this $h1t but sometimes you get boxed in merging on freeways by trucks who love to do ZERO cleaning / outside maintenance on their earth moving equipment.

I should put wheels on a pirate ship and spew cannon balls off the sides. See how they like it.

Have x2 el caminos as well. Love my utes
Cheers Nathan
20240304_084550.jpg

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
you got HUD in the Maloo ?

and the crack is close or in the HUD area?
if so... new screen time

MalooElCamino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf maloo
Exactly eyesight line. Got of the phone with Shannons and obrien. They want to use non oem for free part of policy or front the difference. Want to go the genuine route waiting to find out the difference. Again worried they wont put everything as it exactly was

MalooElCamino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf maloo
Bumper has a bit of bruising as well. Scuffs etc. No cracks. Problem is ceramic coating. How can I attempt a polish with ceramic?
Shannons said will repaint etc and pay for the ceramic but obviously $700 excess. I pay a fortune to these prix not afraid to claim.
I could have gotten a second maloo for the price i pay for insurance in a few years

Last edited:

MalooElCamino

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf maloo
Anyone here go the non oem route and was happy with the result/overtime?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
as long as the replacement is correct for the tech involved like hud then it will be fine.

if you want to go oem you will probably be looking at a decent price as oem parts are starting to be unicorns and people that have them mark up the prices because they know this.

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
Hey guys long time lurker.
From melb vic. Had my vf maloo for 11 years. 140,000 on clock serviced at kevin dennis its whole life. (Getting reamed I know) done it for the potential problems that may ever rise under good will.

Copped a f'n large stone chip/crack on western ring (hate it!)
Have shannons full comp (hate them lol) chip is 10mm right at head hight. Seen the rock coming at my head. Will this be filled or windscreen replaced?

Not really wanting a crap fill repair. Worried about numpties removing the components on the windscreen damaging stuff etc. Genuine windscreen replacement? Think shannons use obrien waiting to hear back.

I do my best to avoid this $h1t but sometimes you get boxed in merging on freeways by trucks who love to do ZERO cleaning / outside maintenance on their earth moving equipment.

I should put wheels on a pirate ship and spew cannon balls off the sides. See how they like it.

Have x2 el caminos as well. Love my utes
Cheers Nathan
View attachment 264936
So sorry to hear about your windscreen.
I feel your pain.
Have you thought about a good second hand genuine one?