Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring?

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
i dont understand, what is a crossover? and what do they do?

that post is pretty much nonsense, thats why.

However, if your headunit only has one set of RCA outputs, its worth while getting something better with two, or three sets... unless thats what you already have, in which case you diagram is misleading, as you've labelled the leads going from the headunit to the amp as speaker wires ;)

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Try this Diagram. It helped me on my install.
amp_wiring_diagram_lg.gif

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Here i've edited the above diagram, Assuming your headunit only has 2 sets of patch cables. You dont need a capacitor. You just need big enough power wire from the battery. If your under 1000rms total than 4gauge will be adequate and your lights shouldn't dim when you crank it.

I've take out my capacitor and it has made no difference whatsoever. Just doesn't look as cool in the boot anymore :p lol

r2nqrk.gif

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
that post is pretty much nonsense, thats why.

I figured he only has one set of RCA out on his head unit or he would be using them. And my post made perfect sense, juzzyx understood what i was talking about.

Provided your HU does not have more than one RCA out, Ckeck you amps if they have outs. Give some more details on your system, what your amps are etc.

JKruges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
i have a
jvc KS-AX3104 amp
Pioneer GM-2200 amp
pioneer deh-7250sd Head unit
i cannot recall the sub, and there pretty average speakers.
i think the GM-2200 came with a capacitor. should i just get rid of it?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
i have a
jvc KS-AX3104 amp
Pioneer GM-2200 amp
pioneer deh-7250sd Head unit
i cannot recall the sub, and there pretty average speakers.
i think the GM-2200 came with a capacitor. should i just get rid of it?

My search showed your HU has three RCA outs, buy another RCA cord and run it to your 4channel amp. read the RCA out carefully. I had a sony HU with two RCA outs. one was didicated for a sub and sound bad when I ran speakers off it.

PS. I had to get RCA cords for my VS with a 90degree tip, otherwise it wouldnt fit behind the HU.

JKruges

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
My search showed your HU has three RCA outs, buy another RCA cord and run it to your 4channel amp. read the RCA out carefully. I had a sony HU with two RCA outs. one was didicated for a sub and sound bad when I ran speakers off it.

PS. I had to get RCA cords for my VS with a 90degree tip, otherwise it wouldnt fit behind the HU.
thanks, ill be sure to get 90 degree ones as i also have a vs

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I figured he only has one set of RCA out on his head unit or he would be using them. And my post made perfect sense, juzzyx understood what i was talking about.

Provided your HU does not have more than one RCA out, Ckeck you amps if they have outs. Give some more details on your system, what your amps are etc.
It didn't make sense because a "cross-over" isn't a Y-splitter for RCA. It's like saying an engine is a tyre.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Then go tell supercheap auto they Mis-labeled their product.

they would b the last places u would go 4 audio gear, label speaks 4 themselves then.