Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you leave a note?

Huge

Turbine Wag
Reaction score
Members Ride
25th Anniversary
Someone has briused my car again! Dented and scratched this time, this makes 3 seperate occasions, pissed off!

Anyway, would you leave a note?

Most people would drive off if no one was watching I'm sure, but after 3 times in 3yrs a "sorry I backed into your car" would be nice. I mean if I was to do this to someone and for what ever reason did not want to pay for it, I would now leave a "sorry dude" on thier car.
I'm angry about my car, its no HSV but its mine and I look after it, a sorry note might have made me feel much better about it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Ah,,,,,,, calm has now washed over me.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Everyone on here will probably say they would leave a note, but I wonder how many actually would when it comes to the crunch (no pun intended). With my insurance, I get one at fault claim a year without losing my NCB, so I would definately leave one, and with my contact details so the owner could claim it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I have left a note before, was having a bad day, swung out a little early and smacked into the side of an old commodore, left a note with my details. The guy gave me a call that day and thanked me for leaving the note.

I try to treat people in real life how i'd expect to be treated when it comes to these things.

There is one exception to the rule. 4WD's. I would probably just drive off as i have seen so many mothers in these pigs of things scrape against cars and just drive off(needless to say the owners car had a note left with my details and the 4wd's rego).

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
I have left a note before, was having a bad day, swung out a little early and smacked into the side of an old commodore, left a note with my details. The guy gave me a call that day and thanked me for leaving the note.

I try to treat people in real life how i'd expect to be treated when it comes to these things.

There is one exception to the rule. 4WD's. I would probably just drive off as i have seen so many mothers in these pigs of things scrape against cars and just drive off(needless to say the owners car had a note left with my details and the 4wd's rego).

that is exactly how i am.
i will leave the note if i damage someones car, as i would hate it to happen to mine. i always believe treat someone how you would like to be treated....

i have spotted a woman do it to a car and just drive off, so i got her rego car details and time etc
wrote it down with my details and my now ex's as a whitness too, waited for the owner to come out (15minutes) and as they got in the car i pointed it out and gave the details.
they were over the moon that we did that for them,

just rember karmas a bitch and one day they will get side swiped and left with the damage

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i'd leave a note, its common decentcy but touch wood i haven't been in that situation for a couple of years.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I saw a courier back into a nice porsche in the city ages ago .. Didn't do much damage but did a little ... Anyway the guy made his delivery and drove off..

So I got his rego, put it on the back of one of my business cards, with a little note... The Porsche guy called me, and though I drove into him ... Said to me that he was not going to report it due to my honesty ... When I told him the guy drove off, and I recorded his rego and would act as a whitness... He went for blood at the guy who did the damage...

And rightly so ....

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Someone has briused my car again! Dented and scratched this time, this makes 3 seperate occasions, pissed off!

Anyway, would you leave a note?

Most people would drive off if no one was watching I'm sure, but after 3 times in 3yrs a "sorry I backed into your car" would be nice. I mean if I was to do this to someone and for what ever reason did not want to pay for it, I would now leave a "sorry dude" on thier car.
I'm angry about my car, its no HSV but its mine and I look after it, a sorry note might have made me feel much better about it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Ah,,,,,,, calm has now washed over me.

First and only crash touch wood I hit a parked VS. Looked left and the car drifted left. Only had my licence for three months. I could have driven off and for a split second thought about doing it. My mate told me to but i have a terrible concience (won't let me do anything wrong). So I tried to find the driver for half an hour. When I realised I couldn't I left a message. You hit someone you should leave a note it's the right thing to do. I paid my insurance I just hope if someone ever hits my VS they pay me the same courtesy.

This is why you pay insurance. In two days I'll be rating one for life so doing the right thing was worth it in the long run.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
my door got a work mates car the other day...i told him when i got back from lunch...lucky it was only a little scuff on the clear coat...i felt like such a dick head.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Got an exact opposite of this:

A person in a restaurant reported that my mum hit a white van in a parking lot, she didnt hit the car and when she saw the photos of the damage the marks had large red paint in it (my mums car is white....) it went to court and the insurance company represented her, the idiots gave her the wrong day and the solicitor she spoke to was sick and their replacement pleaded guilty on her behalf. Mum had a unblemished licence (40 yrs) before now she has running from the scene of an accident on her record......