Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you take a chance with this?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A local used car dealer has a white 11/06 VE Alloytec Omega, with 240k on the clock, for $13990. The car is registered to the end of June 2010 and appears straight and clean. Good tyres, no apparent body damage and only minor paint scratches and chips. Interior is good. Engine runs smoothly with no obvious rattles or knocks. Transmission seems ok, with changes up and down about what you expect for the old four speed auto.

If this was in your price range, would you chance it?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
if it was a ecotec i would consider it as i know they can last upwards of 300.000 with forced induction providing their maintained. i dont know of many high mileage alloytecs though.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Check out the service history, if most of it is hwy km's then I don't see the issue, though like the ecotec will probably need some sort of rebuilding 3-400,000km

1BEAST2NV

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 (MY09) VE R8 6.2ltr M6 475rwhp

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
holy crap dude.... 240k is pretty substantial.transmission and engine may sound good, but it's going to be a drama at some stage in the near future.

1Beast has found some pretty viable alternatives.... 100,000km less on the clock for the same price! Even if the 240k car has been serviced perfectly, I'd find a car with lower k's (and a decent service history).

when the cars have similar k's, it all comes down to condition and service history. but this one has too much, leave it alone. I know this one is local to you.... but for the minor hassle of shopping in the big smoke and having to drive it back home, it'll be worth it in the long run.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
A local used car dealer has a white 11/06 VE Alloytec Omega, with 240k on the clock, for $13990. The car is registered to the end of June 2010 and appears straight and clean. Good tyres, no apparent body damage and only minor paint scratches and chips. Interior is good. Engine runs smoothly with no obvious rattles or knocks. Transmission seems ok, with changes up and down about what you expect for the old four speed auto.

If this was in your price range, would you chance it?

youll posably find that it's a expressway runner, i'd take a risk.

whats the difference in a 20k town driven car. (stop start 20 million gear changes)
to a country driven. (100 gear change)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
What would have been the trade in price? under 10k for sure. At 240k it's all but used up you would think.

Probably buy something like it at auction for $8,000 ?

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
I would have thought that a modem V6 or V8 would do at least 500,000 kms without any troubles and a lot more if it is well looked after. Am I dreaming?