Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wow! No Spare Wheel!

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
surprising you didnt get a spare. i got a space saver in mine. so whats in the cargo hole in your boot then?

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
he said australian, the salibury factory down here in adelaide shutdown ages ago.

Yeah missed that bit. My bad. Apologies Sav. Personally, I don't give a rats where a tyre is made...

surprising you didnt get a spare. i got a space saver in mine. so whats in the cargo hole in your boot then?

Nothing... The cigarette lighter powered compressor & puncture sealant unit is in the middle, but that's it.

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
Yeah missed that bit. My bad. Apologies Sav. Personally, I don't give a rats where a tyre is made...

Nothing... The cigarette lighter powered compressor & puncture sealant unit is in the middle, but that's it.

LOL....maybe the weight saving Holden did is what makes it able to get more k's from the tank....lol. I wonder if your tank is actually abit bigger too as there is no well for the spare.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
that's fairly poor... although Holden isn't the only one to do this.
Inflation kit isn't going to repair a blow out...

spare tyres are like a flare or beacon on a boat
you may never use them, but if you need to, it may just save your arse...

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
LOL....maybe the weight saving Holden did is what makes it able to get more k's from the tank....lol. I wonder if your tank is actually abit bigger too as there is no well for the spare.

there is a wheel well, it just doesn't have a wheel in it. They puncture kid and compressor are in a styrene mould where the wheel would otherwise be.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
there is a wheel well, it just doesn't have a wheel in it. They puncture kid and compressor are in a styrene mould where the wheel would otherwise be.

Correct. Take that out and the spare fits exactly where it should and it locked in place by the screw in thing though the centre.

Slight hitch though, no tools. I.e. no jack and no tyre iron. I thought every car by law had to have a jack!

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Correct. Take that out and the spare fits exactly where it should and it locked in place by the screw in thing though the centre.

Slight hitch though, no tools. I.e. no jack and no tyre iron. I thought every car by law had to have a jack!

don't get them with the inflation kit scenario.