Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Wrong address on fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What about the photo of the cop on their mobile phone getting around? So much for setting an example

Unfortunately the police can legally use a hand held mobile phone completely legally. Bad example maybe, but they are still operating within their legal rights, right or wrong.

Unfortunately the rest of what you said is a sad reality of alot of Police officers, there are plenty of good ones out there and I know a few, however just like in every walk of life, there are annoying 'bad' people in every profession under every uniform, representing many companies, institutions and moral codes.

That's just the sad reality of life.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The back were just above bald, the front were above indicators, so I had to waste money getting an extra 2 unneeded tyres, he also would've drove off with my licence if I didn't shout out to him, he tried to get me for speeding (which I wasn't) personally think he was having a bad night, as I was in every way cooperative, didn't give him any indication of attitude, had me there for a good 35/40minutes 2 other patrol cars showed up, surely they have more important matters to deal with then 2 bald tyres. The police force is a joke if you ask me, and the fact that an infringement is allocated with a defect is a joke. What about the photo of the cop on their mobile phone getting around? So much for setting an example

So are they bald or not? You seem to contradict yourself. I'm happy he spent the time to go over your car from one end to the other, might save someones life.
You will find by law that they are allowed to us a mobile phone while driving.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Your tyres were bald. Suck it up princess. My car got knocked back for a roadworthy for a 5 cm strip of wear just below marker.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
The back were just above bald, the front were above indicators, so I had to waste money getting an extra 2 unneeded tyres, he also would've drove off with my licence if I didn't shout out to him, he tried to get me for speeding (which I wasn't) personally think he was having a bad night, as I was in every way cooperative, didn't give him any indication of attitude, had me there for a good 35/40minutes 2 other patrol cars showed up, surely they have more important matters to deal with then 2 bald tyres. The police force is a joke if you ask me, and the fact that an infringement is allocated with a defect is a joke. What about the photo of the cop on their mobile phone getting around? So much for setting an example

emergency services are exempt from mobile phone laws - it's in legislation. So don't even bother going there.....

What was the exact wording on the defect notice ? Did it state all tyres were unroadworthy ?
I'm all for people challenging tickets if they haven't committed the crime... But by your own admission, at least 2 tyres were obviously unroadworthy. So cop it on the chin

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Looking at some of your old posts he DEFINITELY did the right thing..

Hey, does anyone know a place that do bodgey rwc around the Heidelberg area in Melbourne?
havavb said:
Hi guys in a short bit me and a mate and possibly some girls are gonna go cruising, but we dont know where to go. we just want to go on a nice cruise with not much traffic (we wont be hooning as the car has a defect for bald back tyres, but i swapped him mine for tonight)
I would just buy an 8 but since im on my p's i cant drive that **** lol. Besides cops already on my back for nabbing me twice on my l's with a fully licenced driver haha.

And that's just a quick look!

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
none of my fines have been perfect, wrong rego, wrong date of birth, wrong name spelling, wrong spelling on steet/ suburb. meh i just pay it!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The back were just above bald, the front were above indicators
So above bald...and below indicators. So unroadworthy

so I had to waste money getting an extra 2 unneeded tyres
No. You had to spend money to maintain your vehicle.

he also would've drove off with my licence if I didn't shout out to him
So? Im sure he has better things to do than hoarde licenses and would have made it available for your collection

he tried to get me for speeding (which I wasn't) personally think he was having a bad night, as I was in every way cooperative, didn't give him any indication of attitude
Probably sick of pulling over P Platers with unroadworthy cars.

had me there for a good 35/40minutes 2 other patrol cars showed up, surely they have more important matters to deal with then 2 bald tyres.
They probably do. Which is why it's such a shame that they had to spend their time chasing people around who think that having bald tyres is OK.

The police force is a joke if you ask me, and the fact that an infringement is allocated with a defect is a joke.
Nobody asked? And a fine is more than reasonable. It's a safetly issue.

What about the photo of the cop on their mobile phone getting around? So much for setting an example

Unrelated and unrelevent much? Reasons for why you're just clutching at straws have already correctly been stated.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
[video=youtube_share;ABPnN-q4JL0]http://youtu.be/ABPnN-q4JL0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.