Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on with kids/teens today?

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
Wow thats awkward.

Does the nightclub have ID scanners? Can you get a copy?

If they said they were 18 and they had fake ID's it will help a lot.

That's what my money hungry lawyer is doing.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
No need......from your previous comment, you've summed it up quite well.
Just continue pushing boundaries & upsetting old people.
I'm sorry, but you have no point. Your assumption about my age is completely baseless.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I'm talking about the kids who are actually doing these things, not the kids who aren't..
This thread is a comparison of the behaviour of todays youth as opposed to the youth of previous generations. Claiming that teens today are worse because of a few examples of rape, disrespect, robberies, etc, just doesn't cut it as anything close to hard evidence.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
im 30... and this stuff has always happened.... the only difference is TODAY there is alot more media around.. so you get to see it more and hear it more.

if your a parent all you can do is raise yours kids in the best possible way you can, caring, being there, and guiding.. at the end of the day a PERSON will do what the PERSON wants.

no amount of hitting will change that.
Exactly. I haven't encountered anything to suggest that the youth of today is worse than those of my generation. Too many people wear rose coloured glasses.

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
What if the youth of today create poorly acting groups and call themselves the punks, or rockers, or skins?? Then again, they were an ok bunch, they just beat each other with chains, steel bars and 2x4 timbers.. They jumped on cars, set fire to stuff, made some noise.. The older generation was never better and never will be, society will always contain degenerates..

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
A hell of a lot of parents...virtually every kid in my 8 yr olds class has a DS, iPod touch, iPad, iPhone or similar and some of them have multiples. It's ridiculous.
I have two kids. My youngest, a 6 year old boy, has an ipod touch, ipad, samsung note tablet, and DS, but I expect him to be behaved at school and do well in his studies. In fact, I expect him to use his ipad and android tablet as part of his education. Using technology to advance our children's education is the smart thing to do.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
This thread is a comparison of the behaviour of todays youth as opposed to the youth of previous generations. Claiming that teens today are worse because of a few examples of rape, disrespect, robberies, etc, just doesn't cut it as anything close to hard evidence.

You completley missed the point of my last few replies dude but anyway our future is F'd if kids these days are gonna be running the country in 20 - 30 years

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
You completley missed the point of my last few replies dude but anyway our future is F'd if kids these days are gonna be running the country in 20 - 30 years

Really? Well kids these days are going to run the world, sucks to have to live with your attitude and see it come true. I've got 3 sons, youngest 18, oldest 24, they've never been in trouble and I didn't beat them growing up, so much for corporal punishment being needed. I hope some of these people that have posted in this thread never have kids to be honest. The thread tars all kids of today just as you did again. I hope you'll enjoy being the old fart yelling "get of my lawn, damn whippersnapper!" Support our youth, I say.

edit: For those that want to beat on kids all I can proffer is experience, I used to get in the **** quite a bit when I was a teenager and was not spared the rod, didn't work, exact opposite effect actually.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In the good 'ol days.....I've read quite a few posts, but I'm not going to bother reading the rest. Young people are doing what they've always done. Pushing boundaries and upsetting old people. If you're offended by the actions of young people, you're probably the old fart you used to bitch about. Suck it up princess(es)!

Oh, OK, so we suck it up when some brainless little **** paints his friggin' tag all over our fences, or smashes our car windows, or does anyone of a thousand other mindless destructive things that seem to pervade society these days.

And if you weren't around when I was their age, you can't just say they've always done it. (and yes, I've read your later post where someone made a false assumption about your age.) Tagging was NOT done, for a start. Try walking any street in a city and see if you can avoid being confronted by childish scrawl written on every second horizontal surface. The worst sort of "graffiti" we had was bill posters.

Simply denigrating those on the forum who voice their displeasure at what the youth of today does is probably typical of what has happened for many generations. The older generation always despairs of the youth of the day - my grandparents' generation probably did it about my generation when we were young.

However, the young people of today "generally" (ie not all) convey the impression that nothing deserves respect and that other peoples' property is fair game. Police are hamstrung by "Nanny-State" laws and bloody do-gooders, who introduce idiotic political correctness into society then reinforce it with idiotic laws, which bestow rights on children to take legal action against their parents, prevent teachers from administering corporal punishment and believe in talking to kids to amend their recalcitrant behaviour when they are young.

I doubt that my generation can accept the effectiveness of those changes simply because we see no evidence yet of them working, but plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
So no teens shot anyone in the 50s, no teens raped anyone in the 70s, no teens did blah blah, when I was a kid blah blah. I call bull@$$&. People of a bit of vintage have probably been saying this for centuries. I think maybe when someone is young they don't watch the news and dont really know what going on in the country or society( as much you think you do at that age) and when you get older you start to pay more attention. Then you will think back to your upbringing and say, we never shot anyone or bashed cops or blah blah, but i'd guarantee that it was happening some where at the time.
Thats how I look at it anyway, so I reckon stop putting £€£% on young crew to make out you're better because your not.