Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xenon Headlights not that good - Part 2

Lincoln87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 6.0l
I forget the reason for searching/googling xenon lights on WM's..

AND this is a massive thread dig.

But the auto level, raises the projection of the xenon lights upwards when you go to high beam, in addition to separate halogen globes.

WM E3 Grange, and my lights are fine for driving on the freeway without high beam.

Did the original thread starter (of 6 years ago lol) clean or replace his dirty globes?
If you have any idea how xenon globes work, you'd understand how finger prints (or greasey sheit) on the globes can dramatically affect light (in dullness and direction)

Alright, im done diggin for the day

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Original thread starter here..... I still have the car.

Since 2010, I've had to replace both Xenon bulbs. I tried one of those cheaper sets of ebay (6500) and they were a major fail. I ended up putting genuine bulbs (~4500) back in. I also replaced the high beam with a pair of Philips +100% H7s.

I've also found that the lights are very sensitive to adjustments. A small turn of the adjusting screw can mean the difference between an acceptable and a bad alignment.

So with a lot of fine tuning, and the new H7's for high beam, I now have lights that are absolutely brilliant to use. The finger prints are on the glass(?) cover in front of the bulbs and I haven't bothered to clean them as I can't easily get to them. Buggered if I know how they managed to get finger prints on them....

Also, Bi-Xenon just means that the bulb can be used for both low and high beam (ie two states of operations).

Cheers
Russell

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thats actually some helpful feedback and updates

;)