Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xenon Light Globes

chrisco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec 5 speed
bradvt98 said:
How do you adjust the lights?

Theres a screw just near where the bulb goes in, its a little hard to get to with a long screwdriver though

At least thats for the vs, not sure for a vt

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
thanks it should be the same i reckon if not i'll find it i just didn't know wether there was anything special to do i probably don't even need to change it anyway

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
they're only too bright when some poor bugger cops them in the eyes

DriveCountry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
The pic shown in the thread above is definitely a H1 for single beam, high beam or spot lights.
H4s (also called P43T) have two filaments with 3 spade terminals on the base - LH vertical is earth or negative; TOP horizontal is positive low beam and RH vertical is positive high beam. The pin configuration comes from the old 7" sealed beams from early Holdens.
Stubby H3s (single filament) have a wire "tail" for the positive terminal and base is the earth. This leads to problems with vibration. The globe is held in by a wire spring clip which loses tension when the lights have been on for a while and heats up.
Little H2s are not used much these days as they are just about impossible to install without touching the "glass" (leading to early failure). These little globes were used in small fogs, etc where space was critical. Heat passing through the retaining clips which were also the positive and negative terminals as well caused big problems.
Years ago, Cibie put out a 7" Biode which had two H1s in a single case; the high beam had its own reflector within the round 7" case. They were brilliant and still in demand by bikies with single headlights. It is a pity they went off the market - but then again what vehicle requires 7" round headlights these days?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Hahaha dayuuuuuum
Also Philips Xtreme Vision +100 all day erry day