Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your least liked automotive law

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
May have already been posted but I can't be bothered looking for it...

I hate the fact that certain people are able to obtain and keep a license. This includes P platers who can't drive for **** and drink drivers.

skillzofoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6
i think the most stupidest lawin NSW is getting fined $300 each casualty for 1 person having their elbow on the door whilst driving i ended up paying around $1200 fine

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I hate how lax licensing laws are. Should be more difficult to retain a license, for people who got their license when driving the local cop around the block and parallel parking meant you could drive. Keeping in mind, alot of these people are teaching the current generation of p plater all their bad habits...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i think the most stupidest lawin NSW is getting fined $300 each casualty for 1 person having their elbow on the door whilst driving i ended up paying around $1200 fine

LOL, that is fairly stupid, I do that all the time

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I drive like this ALL the time and have never been pulled over for it [Except my arm is out the drivers window, not like this G Unit]:

images

I also ride my motorbike with my left hand leaning on my left knee and my right hand on the throttle, never been pulled over for that either, even been nodded at by motorbike police while doing it lol (For those not in the know, bikers nod at eachother out of mutual respect)

I'm not sure on what my most hated law is, though I hate how (I dunno if it is a low or not) it isn't against the law to not indicate off of around a bout. I HATE when people go through them, and keep indicating right but end up going straight, it's like wtf why are you indicating anyway?

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The indicating when two lanes merge into one. You don't have a choice, you have to move over. The sign is there, it says to form one lane, everybody should know that you are going to move over. I don't think that indicating in a situation where you don't have a choice should be a road rule. I won't indicate at a T junction at the lights when I am in the lane that can only go right. Similarly, if I have to turn left, and there is a slip lane, I will indicate into the lane, but I will turn it off when I am in that lane, I have to turn left, I don't have a choice.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The indicating when two lanes merge into one. You don't have a choice, you have to move over. The sign is there, it says to form one lane, everybody should know that you are going to move over. I don't think that indicating in a situation where you don't have a choice should be a road rule. I won't indicate at a T junction at the lights when I am in the lane that can only go right. Similarly, if I have to turn left, and there is a slip lane, I will indicate into the lane, but I will turn it off when I am in that lane, I have to turn left, I don't have a choice.

I agree with the lane merge (for zip merges only, you should still have to indicate for lane ends merges)

Disagree with the other part though. You're meant to indicate until the turn is completed. I'm not sure of any benifit from doing more work (turning your indicator off) when its going to do that for you once you complete the turn. So i agree with this rule 100%