Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your mates ex

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
"and then some" meaning then some of your mates? be careful did it doesn't usually end nicely.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I would stay away.

First point:

How can you go where your mate has been? I know that would be on my mind when I'm on the job.

Second point:

Its almost like going after your mate's sister. Its just not on. For everybody that says 'ah, he'll get over it', chances are he probably won't.

I had a "mate" who is a legendary womaniser. I told him to stay the hell away from my sister after he told me how much he would like to 'give her one'.

Short story, he went after her behind my back. Got her all obsessed with him, and then turned around and said "if it what makes her happy etc."

Needless to say, I made his life an absolute living hell. He has since dropped the whole idea and he doesnt exist to me anymore.

So the point is, if you go after your mates ex, you might find your life turned upside down and the same thing happening to you, cos I certainly didn't hesitate going in hardcore on my 'mate'.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
3 of my good mates are with ex's of mine and we are still good mates....

I just give em **** 4 goin 4 my seconds lol & they get so f*ckin paranoid when i talk to my ex's cos they think there gunna cheat on em lol

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah it would be a bit odd, Like I see no problem with it, but if she is still having one nighters with your mate, thats all i'd do with her too....

Got tag team ?

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
yeah it would be a bit odd, Like I see no problem with it, but if she is still having one nighters with your mate, thats all i'd do with her too....

Got tag team ?

Hahahaha just stick her on the spit if its like that lol

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
lol nah mate. He drives a Subaru. Hes a good bloke I really dont think he will mind. If something does happen I will let him know and if he is cool with it I will continue

alexp36

Keep honkin-I'm reloading
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Actually, I reckon it's always going to depend on the the specific people involved, and the specific situation - if you really feel like you should go ahead, then you should. So I reckon if you want her, go for it.

And screw this "mates before chicks" bull**** - if you really care about a woman, then you know that nothing is going to stop you from trying to get together with her. I've never bought into that line about putting your male friends above women - that's always seemed a bit gay to me...

Anyway, a real friend would recognise that if she ends up with you, she was never going to be his, and let it be. Maybe even be pleased that she got with someone decent. Because if it isn't you, it is going to be someone else, sooner or later. If he makes a big deal about it, and didn't want to be your mate anymore, then he never really was your friend anyway.

Just my 2 cents - I probably don't know what I'm talking about anyway...

Trei

The Skaife Fan Man.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina
Has anyone had any bad experiences with these sort of situations?

How's it go "Bros before Ho's"

Don't, for the love of god, date a mate's EX. It'll cause mass problems.

Unless he's not really your mate..........

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
How's it go "Bros before Ho's"

Don't, for the love of god, date a mate's EX. It'll cause mass problems.

Unless he's not really your mate..........

Ive heard that saying about 20 times now. I like Alexp36's comment. A couple of my mates have told me the same thing. If it was my ex, I would want someone that I knew would treat her right (if I still cared about her) and not some strange dude.