Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F***wits at roundabouts

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I dont think people are confused at roundabouts they just totaly oblivious to anything thats going on around them while driving

I can remember seening a few 4wd drives on there sides on round abouts, thinking they deserve that for speeding through

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
i treat every round about like an intersection- give way to your right, indicate RIGHT if you are going right, indicate LEFT if you are going left- and straight ahead, no indicator, none of thie BS "first right indicator, then when half way round left indicator to go straight".... that only confuses people.

I dont see how people cannot grasp how to go through a round about?

Left indicator for left turn, no indicator for straight through, right indicator for right turn/u-turn. In any case though, you should indicate left just before your exit. Out of curiosity, do you do that? It's just that I know a lot of people who think they know the rules of roundabouts, but ultimately don't follow that one.

Also, giving way to right, at least in QLD, is not the technical law on roundabouts. Technically the law up here at least, is to give way to traffic already on the roundabout.

So, say you have cars entering at Exits 1 and 2, and they both ultimately end up in the same place on the roundabout at the same time. Right of way goes to whoever was on that roundabout first, not whoever entered from Exit 1. Certainly a rare situation, depending on distance between the exits and the speeds of the cars.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Why is there a roundabout on a 70kph distributor anyway? That's just asking for trouble.

Thers about 15 of them, if not more, if you follow that road out to the entrance, all in about a 10km? stretch of road.....

Its a pain commuting out to work going that way, get up to speed - slow down for a round about - get u to speed etc... etc...

Dual lane all the way.. 70km/hr speed limit - some of it used to be 80km/hr (a while ago) im pretty sure..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Why is there a roundabout on a 70kph distributor anyway? That's just asking for trouble.

Roundabouts are an inexpensive solution to slowing traffic on residential and other minor roads and occasionally intermediate roads up to 60kph. Add more lanes and higher speeds and things just get stupid.

And lets not forget the deluded faggots who think plodding pretty flowers and **** right in the middle of the ****en things is a good idea.

Send some angry letters to your local government about the issue. If you're serious set up camp at the roundabout with a camera during peak traffic and record all dangerous activity and wing that off with your letter.

Although if your local is like my local it will take 3 or more serious accidents before the area is fixed. It took my car, two others' and one persons' life before they fixed a particular blackspot near my place. :bang:

Zeussy almost got it right. Believe it or not, there are 13 roundabouts over about a nine kilometre stretch of road, which is 70kph for most of its length! A couple of school zones, ones shopping centre, three roundabouts at least that don't work as they should because of the volumes of traffic from side roads holding up the main road.....Wyong Road used to be a nice piece of roadway but as Zeussy said, it's a pain in the arse these days because of the number of bloody roundabouts. And the idiots treat every one the same way.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah, thought of them just after posting. Only had in mind from the freeway to The Entrance Road. Thanks. Just makes it a little bit worse. Friggin' road.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I can't stand the people who put on right indicators to go straight ahead. Theres this one particular roundabout out the back of Chermside where every entrance is 2 lanes and where I enter both lanes can go straight ahead. I'm usually on the inside lane usually parrell to the car next to me who enters at the exact same time, even though they are going straight ahead they put their right indicator on, I usually use the brakes and back off because I can't be sure thier not 100% retarded and will actually turn right.

Left for left, right for right, and none for straight ahead. Though I do use my left indicator to signal exiting, always after I've passed the last exit.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
lol Calaber, its a prick of a road hey...

and like a few people have said, blinkers... why dont people know how to use them?
This one roundabout in particular which is closer to my home, north wyong/up past the golf club - the new one - people indicate to go straight through, and dont indicate to turn?? WTF!! nearly had a few bingles there, coming southbound? someone slaps the indicator on at the last minute as they are already half way through a turn... so I slam on the brakes = girlfirend swearing, sitting up on the dash just about!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Ha I remember that road from when I used to live in Tuggerah. Some may have heard of the Thompsons Rd roundabouts here in SE Vic, its much the same dual lanes I think its 80 or 100 k's Ive forgotten and theres a few roundabouts thrown around the place. Its a nightmare of a road during the day, people fly through it without any regard for signaling, but from experience Wyong Road is far worse

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Our council many (20+) years ago, not predicting the development beyond where we're living thought round abouts were the best thing ever, but due to the surge in volumes of traffic which weren't anticipated have had to rip them up and replace them with traffic light intersections (causing great delays while it was being done).

I agree with the whole topic of people not knowing how to drive, but where I am there's a lot of people with major attitude problems that pull out right in front of me... I try to accelerate into them, wouldn't actually hit them but I always think to myself "that'd show them"