Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F***wits at roundabouts

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Also, giving way to right, at least in QLD, is not the technical law on roundabouts. Technically the law up here at least, is to give way to traffic already on the roundabout.

Same goes in NSW.
It is amazing how many times that I am stopped at the roundabout and the car to my right is bearing down on me barely even slowing down. They think that I have to give way to my right when in fact I can enter the roundabout first and they have to give way to me. I love it how trucks think that hey have right of way everywhere too. I like to test out their knowledge of the road rules by doing the above.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/downloads/roundabouts_guide.pdf

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I can't stand the people who put on right indicators to go straight ahead. Theres this one particular roundabout out the back of Chermside where every entrance is 2 lanes and where I enter both lanes can go straight ahead. I'm usually on the inside lane usually parrell to the car next to me who enters at the exact same time, even though they are going straight ahead they put their right indicator on, I usually use the brakes and back off because I can't be sure thier not 100% retarded and will actually turn right.

Left for left, right for right, and none for straight ahead. Though I do use my left indicator to signal exiting, always after I've passed the last exit.

I assume your talking about that shitty ****in roundabout that has the ford dealership on the middle of it?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A few of you have referred to the problem of traffic on your right refusing to acknowledge your right of way as you have already entered, or have reached the roundabout, before them.

As I said, in this state at least, there is far too much emphasis on policing speeding, and far too little emphasis given to policing roundabouts.

If the cops would just have the occasional blitz on mongrels who refuse to play the gam properly at roundabouts, the word would start to sink in, but all the governments can do is tell us slow down, slow down, slow down - speed kills.

Yeah, so does being t-boned on roundabouts.....

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
As stated by others, my biggest issue is the lack of proper indication and when that is combined with flying through the roundabouts at 1million mph really ****s things up. They indicate to leave before your exit so you start to move out then they come flying around past you nearly cleaning you up and then abuse you for it. Shits me to tears the amount of close calls like that iv'e had

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I assume your talking about that shitty ****in roundabout that has the ford dealership on the middle of it?

WHAT:eek: inside the actual roundabout, or do you mean on the border?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Why is there a roundabout on a 70kph distributor anyway? That's just asking for trouble.

Roundabouts are an inexpensive solution to slowing traffic on residential and other minor roads and occasionally intermediate roads up to 60kph. Add more lanes and higher speeds and things just get stupid.

You havn't spent any time driving around the northern or central-east coast, have you? EVERYTHING around there is managed by roundabouts :p Freeway exits, large intersections, underpasses and just about anything else is managed by a roundabout - and people are bloody heroes on them.

I'm fairly certain that the law up North has nothing to do with giving way to those already in the roundabout. I think you just have a legal obligation to avoid anybody driving faster than yourself. I should have really asked at Queensland Transport just to be sure.

edit: I think indicating out of roundabouts is illegal on the east coast, too.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You havn't spent any time driving around the northern or central-east coast, have you? EVERYTHING around there is managed by roundabouts :p Freeway exits, large intersections, underpasses and just about anything else is managed by a roundabout - and people are bloody heroes on them.

I'm fairly certain that the law up North has nothing to do with giving way to those already in the roundabout. I think you just have a legal obligation to avoid anybody driving faster than yourself. I should have really asked at Queensland Transport just to be sure.

edit: I think indicating out of roundabouts is illegal on the east coast, too.

Hi Morton

No, never done any driving around that area at all, but it sounds like your local governments have the same views as mine when it comes to intersections and traffic management. If in doubt, roundabout!

I will try to get some photos of the astonishingly small intersections around here that have had roundabouts added - some are on local bus routes, so the buses just ignore the silly bloody things and go over them.

Don't understand the final remark. In NSW, road regs clearly state that you should indicate a left turn when exiting a roundabout. Can't comment about Qld.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Don't understand the final remark. In NSW, road regs clearly state that you should indicate a left turn when exiting a roundabout. Can't comment about Qld.

I know. My point being, that nobody does it.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
There's a Ford dealership INSIDE a roundabout up near Indooroopilly in Brisbane :p

that same roundabout also has traffic lights on 1 side of it

up here indicators are optional