Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate.... Keen to give that cai a go. Do you get more air and cooler air from behind the headlight as opposed to over the radiator? Is more air forced into that section behind the headlight? I know you have probably done extensive testing for this product..... i'm just interested in any information on how this air intake works better than.... the ss induction style product(otr placement).

Very much still a beginner when it comes to engines and mods....... so hope these questions are relevant.

What is the asking price for the CAI plus postage .....cheers (just checked your ebay... $250 for cai. postage would be to cairns)

Great to see you guys having straight bolt on products for those of us that have the old buick engines:thumbsup:

Hey FirstVR_J,

Tsunamix has written up an excellent expalination below as to how our box compares with the over the radiator item.

What the box does, is focus the cold air draw from around the head light mounting.

I've been working on this idea myself, and have bought a box from MACE to play with.

See the first part of it goes like this :-

When your car is moving, cold air comes in through the grille. Then it tends to back up at the radiator, which is a restriction to air flow. This builds a high pressure area right in from of the radiator. This high pressure area acts a bit like a cushion and pushes air over the radiator, left and right of the radiator, and below.

These areas coincide with the common placings of cold air intakes. OTRCAI obvioulsy, but air pushed left and right, into the headlight surrounds is also a high pressure area. This is right where the MACE box collects air from.

My thoughts run like this. If i can find a little bit of spare metal in the headlight surround, I can cut a vent in it (you know - drill 2 holes, then slot out in between - bend the flap forward to form a scoop) and the high pressure air willbe right in the damn cold air box.

I will probably be using some Single sided foam tape to seal between the box and the body as well.

Having positive air pressure at the MAF could be interesting EH ?

Photos will follow, when the kit rocks up. Probably today.

Cheers

(oh by the way - High is a relative term. Take it as meaning higher than the static air pressure away from the car)

Postage for the box to cairns is $18. We can do the CAI kit for JC members for $220 ;)

Thanks for the kind words :) Good news is that we'll have more bolt on parts to suit the Buick shortly ;)

Cheers
Steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1 V6
I have a series 1 VS Eotec V6, and i'm considering both the manifold spacer and the larger throttle body. My question would be, being my VS has cruise and is an auto, will everything still be a straight bolt on affair with the throttle body? Plz PM me with an answer if possible, as I get very limited internet access. Thanx

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
Thanks for the response MACE ..... putting money away so as to purchase these products i've enquired about (dont have much spare these days with family and all).

Still here of people having issues with 70mm throttle bodies on the v6 but will try it anyway to find out for myself.
Looking forward to trying out a new CAI setup also.....cheers:thumbsup:

MACE

Reaction score
I have a series 1 VS Eotec V6, and i'm considering both the manifold spacer and the larger throttle body. My question would be, being my VS has cruise and is an auto, will everything still be a straight bolt on affair with the throttle body? Plz PM me with an answer if possible, as I get very limited internet access. Thanx

Have sent you a PM :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response MACE ..... putting money away so as to purchase these products i've enquired about (dont have much spare these days with family and all).

Still here of people having issues with 70mm throttle bodies on the v6 but will try it anyway to find out for myself.
Looking forward to trying out a new CAI setup also.....cheers:thumbsup:

In regards to family understand completely :cry:

If you have any issues with the TB we're always a phone call away but I think you'll be right :)

Cheers
Steve

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Hey FirstVR_J,

Tsunamix has written up an excellent expalination below as to how our box compares with the over the radiator item.

Postage for the box to cairns is $18. We can do the CAI kit for JC members for $220 ;)

Thanks for the kind words :) Good news is that we'll have more bolt on parts to suit the Buick shortly ;)

Cheers
Steve
does that include vz? also can i get it with out the pod? pm me a price also will need postage to sa 5009 thanxs scott

Delta02

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995VS V8 and 1992VP utes
Very pleased with the Mace engineering CAI I have in my ute,which along with throttle body made a noticable increase in performance.way more responsive

rumbuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS COMMY UTE SER II
hi mace can you pm me prices for things that can make my vs ser 2 1996 mod auto commy ute crack all prices of parts and what is recomended as a process one after another or if one gose with another as i want a fast street ute thats nat asp for now maybe supercharged later i have hi-tec headers leading into a 3in hiflow cat then 3in pipe then into a 3in hotdog then 3in pipe then 2.5 stainless muffeler then back to 3in pipe to the back anything u would recomend i would like the price

MACE

Reaction score
does that include vz? also can i get it with out the pod? pm me a price also will need postage to sa 5009 thanxs scott

The later model boxes such are more expensive to make, especially the VZ box as it requires an additional bracket :( In saying this though we can supply you the box with hardware (no filter) for $240 + $18 postage :)

Very pleased with the Mace engineering CAI I have in my ute,which along with throttle body made a noticable increase in performance.way more responsive

Thanks for the feedback Delta02 :) Glad to hear you're happy with the products :thumbsup:

hi mace can you pm me prices for things that can make my vs ser 2 1996 mod auto commy ute crack all prices of parts and what is recomended as a process one after another or if one gose with another as i want a fast street ute thats nat asp for now maybe supercharged later i have hi-tec headers leading into a 3in hiflow cat then 3in pipe then into a 3in hotdog then 3in pipe then 2.5 stainless muffeler then back to 3in pipe to the back anything u would recomend i would like the price

Ok there are a few options. You have a PM ;)

Cheers
Steve

Pinchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Gday steve
I was just wondering for best power gain what am i better off doing should i put in both a 25mm Manifold insulators and 25mm Plenum spacer or 12mm manifold insulator and 12mm plenum spacer

cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Gday steve
I was just wondering for best power gain what am i better off doing should i put in both a 25mm Manifold insulators and 25mm Plenum spacer or 12mm manifold insulator and 12mm plenum spacer

cheers

do what i did mate 12mm plenum and 25mm manifold havnt had any problems with this set up, and goes quite well, cheers again mace ;)